Help

The Job Search

Question about contacting principal

>

2liltexans

Question about contacting principal
Old 06-26-2008, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I interviewed last week for a job that I would have LOVED. After my interview, I sent a hand written thank you note to the interview committee. I found out yesterday that I did not get the job, but it came down to me and 1 other candidate.

My question is, should I send a quick email to the principal thanking him again for the interview and letting him know that if anything else comes available that I would still be interested or should I just let it go? I don't want to seem 'stalkerish', but I also want to let him know how much I truly enjoy his school and want to work there.

He's a new principal so he really doesn't know me as well as the rest of the staff does. I subbed here LOTS last year.

2liltexans is offline   Reply With Quote

tbell0407

Yes,
Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did this once and thanked the principal for her time and let her know I was impressed with the school and that I would be love for her to keep me in mind if something else became available in her building. She hired me in October when a teacher quit. Definitely do it!
tbell0407 is offline   Reply With Quote

2liltexans

Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I already hand wrote a note thanking them last week. Do you think I would seem 'high maintance' if I emailed in addition to the note? A friend that works at the school suggested that I not send the email. I'm torn.
2liltexans is offline   Reply With Quote

tbell0407

that should be enough
Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm on a hiring committee for my district and you don't want to seem too anxious. The note you already sent should be enough.
tbell0407 is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm sure you are already at the top of their list! Especially if it came down to you and one other candidate. There's no doubt in my mind, you would be called if they interview again. I don't think you need to e-mail or call at this point, but continue to be on the lookout if they post a job again.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote

NCLily

I would...
Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Same situation happened to me, where it came down to me and another teacher... They chose her as she had more relevant experience with that grade level (3rd, I was coming from K). I ran into the principal at a job fair a week later, and mulled over in my head whether I should go up to her, or if it would seem annoying. I gave in and thanked her again for her time. She took me by the arm and walked me over to another school's table and said, "This is Mrs. So-and-so, she has a Kindergarten position open. I was talking to her about you last night! I'm so glad I ran into you!" I was offered the K position, which truly was the right fit for me.
NCLily is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceK

Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would send the email. Just a brief one expressing how impressed you were with the school and how you hope you would be considered for any further positions. I don't think it would be considered stalkerish, and it would keep you in his mind as any other positions become open.

Good luck!
GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote