The Job Search

How long did you wait?

>

TeacherBB

TeacherBB

How long did you wait?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In your past experiences...if you did get the job how long after the interview did you hear back?

If you did not how long did you wait?

Just curious, I still have not heard and its been two days...I am antsy even though he said I would know by the end of the week.. But do they call the person immediately with good news that they are hired and let the losers wait...hmmm .. Its been a while for me with this whole interviewing and job search business!

msunrullieone

Old 07-09-2008, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I heard back within 2 days when offered a job. When I wasn't selected, I didn't hear anything. Except for the time when I received the rejection letter in the mail the day of the interview!! But that's another story.
msunrullieone is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherCarrie

Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Both times that I got the job, I was told within a day or two. The other times, I never heard back from them...even after I sent a thank you letter.
TeacherCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Boy, they must have known who they were hiring before you even interviewed. Sometimes interviewing seems like a waste of time.

Karyn3rd

Same day
Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I heard the same day that I was offered each position.

Karyn3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Bry1638

Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Don't worry if it's only been two days. I got the job I wanted and I would say it took about a week. The principal was having some shifting in staff, and had to wait and see if another class was approved, so he told me it might take a while to work out. I called in 5-6 days to follow up, and he told me I was at the top of the list. He called me back later in the day to offer me the job.
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

The first time I was offered the job the next day.
The second time the principal called me almost as soon as I walked in the door from the interview.
The third time the principal called me that evening-about 2 hours after my interview.

I think it depends...for my interviews I was typically one of the last to be interviewed, so that could be why I received a call immediately. Do they have more people to interview? Typically it seems that they call pretty quickly as long as they are done interviewing.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote

Ms.Confidence

waiting
Old 07-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

when I didn't get the job, they said they would make thier choice by the end of the week and let me know, and I never heard from them again!

When I did get offered a job (which was three) I heard either at the second interview or hours after the first interview.
Ms.Confidence is offline   Reply With Quote

cheerteach34

waiting
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

When I was offered my job, I heard the next day but had to wait about two weeks for HR to contact me to sign the contract and go over everything. Waiting is so hard!
cheerteach34 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceK

Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hmm... well, some jobs I waited only an hour, some jobs I waited almost a month, and the job I have now... I interviewed in FEb, and was offered the job in June.

Good luck! it really can vary, take it from me!

GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 07-10-2008, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Boy, now I am hoping that "We'll let you know by the end of the week." isn't something they say if they are not going to hire you. I still think not contacting to let someone know if they did not get the job is lousy, too! All this waiting stinks!

yoda

notice
Old 07-10-2008, 06:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I've been contacted in most interviews whether or not I've been hired. Waiting does stink, and I agree sometimes interviewing seems like a waste of time because I think they do know who they want to hire up front. Hang in there and good luck. I would call tomorrow if you don't hear from them today or early tomorrow morning.
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote

K-T

interview
Old 07-10-2008, 08:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Last summer I went on a job interview and hear back that night that I didn't get it. A week before school started I was offered the same job! They had enough students enroll over the summer to make another class!
K-T is offline   Reply With Quote

Wise1

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I didn't hear back until about 3 weeks after my interview. At the time they were still interviewing other candidates.
Wise1 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachwriting

tic-toc-tic-toc
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

One time I interviewed on a Friday and they said they would let us know on Monday. So the weekend came and went. Monday turned to Tuesday then to Wednesday. By Thursday I was in tears but still holding out b/c 2 others that I knew interviewed had not heard anything yet either. Friday came and went---as I walked in the door after a stressful week at school my phone rang and I was offered the job. What bothers me is that they told us they would let us know one way or the other and as far as I know they never did call my 2 friends and let them know that they didn't get the jobs.
teachwriting is offline   Reply With Quote