How would you go about this.. - ProTeacher Community




Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help


      The Job Search

How would you go about this..

>

Reply
 
Thread Tools
teach265
 
 
Guest

teach265
 
 
Guest
How would you go about this..
Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #1

I accepted a job at one school. It is a part time job that pays pretty well, but I would have to get another job to make ends meet. The school is wonderful and the principal is really nice. I verbally accepted the position because I didn't want to be without a job in the fall.

I was then offered a position at another (public) school. It is full time and I would make a lot more money. It is a really hard district to get into. I accepted the job and am set to meet HR in a week. I have not signed anything yet and am nervous that something will fall through. I want to wait until I sign the contract here, but feel really bad that I am letting the first school think that I am going to take the job.

The principal at the first school is on vacation so the only way I can contact her would be by email. I wish that I could speak with her, but then I would have to wait until August. (School starts in mid-August) so I don't want to wait.

My problem is:
1. Should I wait until I sign the contract with the second school to tell the first school?
2. Is it okay to email the principal of the second school that I am not taking the job (no contract signed, but they are sending it in the mail)
3. How do I tell her (second school)? Do I tell her why or just say that I am unable to take the job?

Thank you!


  Reply With Quote

2nd grade rocks's Avatar
2nd grade rocks 2nd grade rocks is offline
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 559
Senior Member

2nd grade rocks
 
2nd grade rocks's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 559
Senior Member

Old 07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #2

Which job are looking to take? I thought that you wanted the full time but got confused by the end of your post. I was in that position when I took the job that I am in now. I was honest with the school that offered me the 1/2 year postion and they totally understood. You need to do what is best for yourself. I didn't even think about the fact that I hadn't signed a contract at the time, now I would.
2nd grade rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
teach265
 
 
Guest

teach265
 
 
Guest
Opps!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:17 PM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #3

Now that I re read this it was a bit confusing! I am taking the position at school two. I am not taking the job at school one. I need advice on when and how to tell the principal at school one that I am not taking the position.

Thank you!
  Reply With Quote
AD AD is offline
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,057
Senior Member

AD
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,057
Senior Member

Old 07-10-2008, 06:26 PM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #4

If you absolutely can't get a hold of her then I would e-mail her as soon as possible. She will need time to find someone else.

Just be honest. Tell her that it's full-time and pays more money. There's nothing wrong with that!
AD is offline   Reply With Quote

Join the conversation! Post as a guest or become a member today. New members welcome!

Reply

 

>
The Job Search
Thread Tools




Sign Up Now

Sign Up FREE | ProTeacher Help | BusyBoard

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:17 PM.

Copyright © 2017 ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net