Help

The Job Search

Portfolios on CD

>

Smoke20

Portfolios on CD
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

does anyone have a portfolio they have put on a cd and have given to principals? what information would you be willing to share about these? i have some pictures from my classroom, but not a lot. any help and advice would be helpful.
thanks in advance

Smoke20 is offline   Reply With Quote

bc77341

Taskstream.com
Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

To graduate we had to have the portfolio but they required us to do a e-portfolio. Its a little complicated to figure out at first but once I got the hang of it I loved it. When I went on my interviews I had handouts with the link to my e-portfolio and I also put it on my resume. I did get compliments about how savy my technology use was.
bc77341 is offline   Reply With Quote

Elise82

I have one
Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I made mine using PowerPoint. It was very easy. I did include my resume, but not in Acrobat format - so it's not as easy to read as it could be? (In "normal mode", though, the Word documents can be right-clicked, opened and read - I include those instructions in my intro, just in case they don't know that ) I also have my Philosophy of Ed., quotes from letters of rec., quotes from letters from parents, and testimonials from former students (nice things they said about my teaching ). I have several lesson plans (math, reading, writing, science, as Word documents) and some student work samples (these were scanned, then inserted into a PowerPoint slide.) I have many slides of me with kids, and kids doing work/projects on their own, as well as photos of special projects I did with/for kids. i have captions for all of the slides of photos, and some also have text. I know it sounds rather complicated, but actually it's not difficult at all - it just takes a lot of time - and for me, it was fun.

It might be a little too much, though? I don't know...I've gotten nice compliments on it, but I am thinking now that I should redo my paper version and bring *that* to interviews. Oh well - if nothing else, a portfolio on CD shows off your technology skills, which is a plus for any grade level.
Elise82 is offline   Reply With Quote