The Job Search

Just got back from an interview

>

ohboy!

ohboy!

Just got back from an interview
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So, I went on an interview today for a local charter school. Oh Boy! It was the first (and hopefully last) time that I had a panel interview. No, not just with people from the school, but with the other candidates for the position. There were about four staff members there and two other people besides me. They asked us questions and then we had to answer them in front of everyone taking turns. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced. Half the time I sat there wondering WTH and the other thinking of an original answer. Not to mention the questions were so broad (Why do you want to work here?) It seemed like they were short on time and had to hurry throught the interview process.

The good news is I just got a job offer from a school district so I won't have to worry about it

The second part of the interview is to teach a demo lesson to the staff as they act like students! I hate that!

Oh, I almost forgot, they kept pushing technology in the classroom and when I asked about computer access they said I would have to sign up to go to the computer lab - which is off campus! So, every time I wanted to intergrate technology, I would have to book a bus!

I am so happy that I have a job for the fall!

teacher4

Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congrats on your new job and thank God you do not have to teach a demo lesson. I cannot believe they interviewed everyone at the same time. That speaks volumes about the school admin. Have a bless year!
teacher4 is offline   Reply With Quote

briteach

Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Good thing you don't have to worry about it!!

I would have laughed out loud when they were pushing technology and then said you had to go off campus!!

Sorry it was a weird interview.

Good luck on your new job!
briteach is offline   Reply With Quote

glopomyk

I've never heard of that...
Old 07-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I mean it sounds like a bad episode of the Dating Game! How stressful!! Congrats on the new job! I'm sure glad you won't have to continue with their bizzare interview process!!
glopomyk is offline   Reply With Quote