Help

The Job Search

Thank you letters/interviews

>

4Students

Thank you letters/interviews
Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I went on an interview today for a high school position that, I thought, went pretty well, however one of the three people interviewing me became very disengaged at the end (tapping his pencil, looking at his watch and so on). In reaction I tried to be more direct and concise with my answers. My biggest weakness on interviews is becoming to long-winded! Any thoughts on this?

Also, I want to send a thank you note to all three interviewers. Are thank you emails okay or should I always send an actually thank you letter in the mail? (They gave me their emails when I asked one of them to write down their names for me). So far I have always sent thank you letters.

4Students is offline   Reply With Quote

kid_at_heart

Old 07-15-2008, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm interested to see what others say about the thank you notes. I know that an actually thank you card has a nicer sentiment, however I want the person/people I interviewed with to hear a thank you from me within hours. If you wait for it to be mailed, by the time they get it they might have already hired someone. I would send an e-mail and I would send it the same day I interviewed. Just my opinion though, like I said, I'm interested in other's thoughts on this.
kid_at_heart is offline   Reply With Quote

colormegreen

Depends
Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have sent a thank you letter (typed) when I know there is some time before they made a decision and to all involved - if there seemed to be a shorter time frame then I sent an email first, a quick nice one and then took my time to write out a nicer one to mail. I don't hand write because my handwriting is pretty bad! :-)
colormegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 07-15-2008, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have sent handwritten notecards. Some others here a while ago said they did the same thing. Someone even suggested a week ago that she wrote the thank you card in her car and then hand delivered to the secretary who in turn would give it to the interview team.

Carolyn

I sent mine by e-mail
Old 07-20-2008, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I sent mine by e-mail, thanking both interviewers for their time and giving me the opportunity to interview. I also took the opportunity to briefly describe why I was the right person for the job. One interviewer sent me a very nice e-mail back.

Good luck to you!

Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote