Help

The Job Search

"Why should we choose you for this position?"

>

glopomyk

"Why should we choose you for this position?"
Old 07-16-2008, 05:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok, guys I REALLY need help on this one. When I am asked this question I am stumped! The only thing that pops into my head is that I want it more than anyone else (I don't dare say such a thing tho.) I end up saying something like how I am a team player, eager to help anyone in need, hardworking, dedicated to teaching every student, blah, blah blah.

Please share some of your answers with me so I can be prepared next time I am faced with this question.

Thanks!

glopomyk is offline   Reply With Quote

doc2000

On it
Old 07-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You're on target with your response...that question is asked to provide you an opportunity to share anything special about your experience that you were not able to convey with other questions. Don't think of it as a trick question, and if you have nothing to lose....turn the table and challenge the interviewer, "If you can find someone more energetic, more creative, a better team player....etc., then hire them, but if not, then I'm you're person!". Good Luck!
doc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher.kate

Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

"I am a hard working, team player. I am dedicated to each and every one of my students. I do all I can to meet each student's needs. I strive every day to teach my kids to be the best that they can be, which in turn helps me to be the best I can be. I work well with my colleagues and parents. (Etc. etc.) I am the right person for your team because of all these qualities I will bring to the table."

Basically, from what I have always been told, they expect the same type of answers. Just be strong in your delivery, smile and sound like you mean it (which, of course, you do!)

Good luck!
teacher.kate is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think what you've said is perfect. It is an awkward question, but I don't think they are expecting you to say something that no one else has ever said before.

Just remember HOW you say it. Don't ramble like you've memorized it and are repeating it back to them, but say it like you really mean it, and look at everyone in your interview as you say it.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote