Help

The Job Search

What to do?

>

driosy8

What to do?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I graduated this past May and have been looking for a job ever since. I have been to interviews and the thing is that they tell me if you get hired you'll get a call. So there is no other way of knowing or checking if the position has been filled unless you call to ask. I kept on calling from my cell phone for several days and I got no answer which only makes me feel worst. Then I decided to call from my house phone after trying once again through my cell phone. To my surpirse, they did answer, which made me feel even worst. I know that they have caller idís so why not just let me know I didnít get it instead of making me learn about it that way. I feel horrible. I did ask the lady if the position had been filled but she said that the prinicipal nor the secretary where not there. I just would have liked if they would have just told me. My self-esteem now is really low. Before I know it, I am already in tears feeling bad about myself. During the interview, I feel everything went well and in one occasion they told me so far I was the best. It build up my self-esteem but brought it back down as the days go by and I have not been hired yet. I donít know what else to do, especially when it comes to building my self-esteem again.

driosy8 is offline   Reply With Quote

jeytex

Basically the same
Old 07-16-2008, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Cheer up. There are a lot of teachers in the same boat. I am one of them. I have cried a lot also. In my mind there is a conflict between my low self-esteem and my thought about how good I am. Hoping that "how good I am" wins.
jeytex is offline   Reply With Quote

driosy8

Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am also hoping for that.
driosy8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bernski

Old 07-16-2008, 11:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been a teacher for 8 years and had a hard time looking for a job. I had experience, interviews went well, and no calls.

It seems that principals don't call back to let you know if the position has been filled either. Not really professional in my opinions.

Just keep trying! Keep your head up and be confident that you would be a great asset to a school. Show them that in your interviews! I know it's hard but it may land you a position.
Bernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Letty

Letty

Jobs
Old 07-16-2008, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I don't know where you live or are willing to move to but, I did notice that on the website educationamerica.net there are a lot of school districts that have posted their openings. Look at which districts have lots of openings because there are districts with hundreds of job openings you just need to look at each state and decide where to send your resume. Never give up finding a job its that you need to know where all the job openings are. Hope this helps.

lmort002

Old 07-18-2008, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I don't understand why it is so hard for teachers to find a job when there are soooo many openings. I have been on a million interviews and finally got a 3 job offers. However, I know what it is like to be a brand new teacher and competing against those that have been teaching for years and years. Don't give up. Always think positive and things will fall into place. I had an interview on Tuesday, walked away thinking I did not get it and today I received a call that I did. I wish they would just tell us right away....yes or no.
lmort002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bernski

Old 07-18-2008, 09:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Being a brand new teacher isn't always an disadvantage. I've been teaching for 8 years and I know some districts would rather hire a new teacher over me. New teachers cost less on the pay scale. New teachers don't tend to have their masters yet.

I, too, had a difficult time finding a job with experience.

It all boils down to what each district is looking for, their politics, and their budget.
Bernski is offline   Reply With Quote