Help

The Job Search

What would you do?

>

maithal

What would you do?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This past Monday I interviewed for prek and kindergarten teaching positions. The regional center (that is interviewing) is opening up 3 new early childhood magnet schools that will eventually be prek - third grade schools. This year it'll only be prek/kindergarten.

They said they'd let candidates know by the end of the week if they made it to the 2nd round and hope to be finished with the process by the end of next week. They also said they have 25 teacher positions available.

Anyway, I haven't heard from them yet so I called this morning and the secretary connected me to the woman that I interviewed with. I got her voicemail so I left a message. I still haven't heard anything yet so I wondered if I can call again today (before 5 as they'll probably be out by then) or not bother calling again. I do know that there's a different secretary in the afternoon.

I am just POed that they haven't called yet. My friend interviewed today for a paraprofessional position with these 3 magnet schools(every classroom will have one). So, I'm hoping they are busy with that and that's why they haven't called. Fingers crossed.

What would you do? I just emailed 2 of the woman on the interview committee (one who didn't get to interview me) as she had to leave early, but the other I knew b/c I use to work with her when in college (in after school program) at a different school. However, I feel like crying.

maithal is offline   Reply With Quote

lefty1

Breathe...
Old 07-18-2008, 12:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Relax, they told you they would be in touch by the end of the week. Thing happen and sometimes things run behind. You already left a message (which shows you are interested) so give them time to get back to you. I know it is hard to wait, but at this point you have done all you can do and the "ball" is in their court. Try to keep busy and keep your fingers crossed. I'll be praying for ya!

By the way, what state are you in that they are hiring 25 teachers???

Last edited by lefty1; 07-18-2008 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: added something
lefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Meekee

Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

leave it alone, you have done what you can do.You do not want to be a pest.Best of luck!!I WILL PRAY FOR YOU!!
Meekee is offline   Reply With Quote