Help

The Job Search

Following Up Post Interview

>

born2teachuga

Following Up Post Interview
Old 05-03-2016, 10:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well I just left the interview for a curriculum coaching position and oh my gosh was I nervous. You ever leave an interview and feel like you know you were vague in some of your answers and maybe didn't answer it entirely the way you would have liked? That's how I feel right now. I wish I could have been a fly in the room after I left to see what their thoughts were. I recorded my interview so that I could listen to it so I could reflect on it after I left, and listening to it I can see where some of my answers were not as strong as I would have liked them to have been, and some of my answers didn't really answer the questions in its entirety. I want to send a follow up email to the principal thanking her, but I wonder if I should include anything that I failed to mention in the interview. What do you think?

born2teachuga is offline   Reply With Quote

K12ESLteacher

some thoughts
Old 05-04-2016, 09:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A follow up email has many purposes. First, in such email you thank whoever you interviewed with for the opportunity to do so. Second, in this email you briefly touch upon some major points that made you interested in the position in the first place. Third, quickly speak of some major points that stood out during the interview. Fourth, you may mention a thing or two that you failed to mention, but make sure it is something really important. Finally, reiterate your interest in the position.

Best of luck!
K12ESLteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

grade1year1

hmm
Old 05-05-2016, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hmm never thought to tape my interviews! Did you ask if it was ok or just stick your phone in your pocket and hope for the best?!
grade1year1 is offline   Reply With Quote