Help

Fourth Grade

Binders

>

BRONX

Binders
Old 08-28-2015, 05:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am new to fourth and my school uses binders for math. Right now we use the modules from Engage NY. The district put the problem sets and homework into a bound book for each student. We use personal white boards to complete the group activities but I feel like the kids need a place to write notes and practice on paper. Also I don't know how I feel about all of their work being erased on the personal white board. I bought notebooks at Staples for .50 so it is not a big deal. I just think writing in the binder every day might be a bit much. But...a binder may work just as well.

Thoughts?

BRONX is offline   Reply With Quote

luvinit

Binders
Old 08-28-2015, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Interactive notebooks?
luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote

BRONX

No Interactive
Old 08-29-2015, 04:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The modules are too intense to have traditional interactive notebooks. In the past i have incorporated a few pages here and there but the actual lesson plan from the module is 60 minutes not counting going over the homework. The problems require a great deal of space to work because you have to show your answer 2 different ways all the time. I was thinking maybe using the notebook as a "scratch Pad" so that they have some place to work. I see all of the interactive notebooks and wish I could use them. The modules from Engage NY are intense and just suck the life out of teaching.
BRONX is offline   Reply With Quote