Help

Second Grade

Newsletter

>

IrvingEl

Newsletter
Old 09-05-2011, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to upload their newsletter format (a copy of your newsletter) to proteacher. I am really hoping to start either a weekly or monthly newsletter for parents this year but would love to look at some of your ideas before beginning!

Thank you so much in advance for your help on getting started on a classroom newsletter! I do truly appreciate it!

IrvingEl is offline   Reply With Quote

christina4062

Newsletter
Old 09-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I send one home bi-weekly. This is the link to my "newsletter" page on my website. You can view my first newsletter of the year here!

http://www.bainbridgeclass.com/newsletters.htm
christina4062 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sleddog

Newsletter
Old 09-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Sometimes I just do mine in two columns and write a narrative for each academic area. This year I have a student teacher so I thought it might help her if I had a format for her to use.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2011-2012 Newsletter Form.doc (30.0 KB, 140 views)
Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote

KKay

Keep it simple!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Use whatever program you are most familiar with, word, publisher, whatever! Make a quick template with the stuff you will put in it every week. I have my newsletter title, e-mail address, and school phone number. Then I type in text boxes for each item I need using the same font. I border my boxes, change font size to fill or fit on the page, maybe add a picture from clip art if there is space and time. The more complicated you make it, the less likely you are to get it done!
KKay is offline   Reply With Quote

kinderaffe

Newsletter
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for asking this question. We do a weekly newsletter which has to be on the web and I find parents don't read it. Seeing some of the samples makes me re-think my plans. Maybe as it is "letter format" it is not so appealing. Making sections for each topic is much more interesting and I think timely for the parents. They can look quickly and get all the info they need.

Does anyone do a newsletter written by the students. I taught Kindergarten for 7 years and did one there. Trying to figure good way to do it in 2nd grade. Open for ideas.

Thank you. Celebrating "2nd Day of 2nd Grade" tomorrow thanks to all of you.

Enjoy!

kinderaffe is offline   Reply With Quote

5oaks

Newsletter
Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I can't attach because its on my school computer but what I do is an Ask Me letter every week instead of a newletter.
So I might say, Ask me what an addend is. Ask me what I thought of The Recess Queen. Ask me what my favorite lunch was this week. I ask about 8 questions a week and then I always say ask me what my favorite thing was about school this week. I have done this for the past two years and the parents and kids really like it. They feel like it makes for great conversation starters at dinner.

Hope that helps!
5oaks is offline   Reply With Quote