Help

ARCHIVE

Handwriting Without Tears for Pre-K?

>

Ruby07

Handwriting Without Tears for Pre-K?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use this program for Pre-K? We're looking into it and would love to hear some opinions before spending the $$! I know that it is very different from the Kindergarten version. I like what the website says:

The Pre-K Get Set for School™ program introduces school readiness activities for young children of all ability levels. Through music, movement, building, coloring, and multisensory activities, children have fun as they develop important skills:

Language proficiency
Color and shape awareness
Fine and gross motor control
Letter and number recognition
Counting abilities
Social skills

I would have posted on the pre-K board, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic, and I'm looking for quick responses.

TIA!

Ruby07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. C

Our Pre-K
Old 02-02-2010, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our school preschool uses it. My son had it last year and I know the preschool teacher really liked using it. She said it made so much more sense for the kids and gave them clearer directions. My son is in kindergarten now and hasn't struggled changing to the zaner-bloser curriculum.

I also know that the OT at our school really likes it, too! I know this isn't much, but I've only heard good things thus far.....
Mrs. C is offline   Reply With Quote

fredflintston

Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My school just purchased the program for next year, however I have started using it already with the exception of the workbooks. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and I think so far the results are very positive. I am a hands on kind of person and the way the program is set up it's very hands on. The kids seem to love it and smile when I bring something out that is related to the program. I also have an OT background so it appealed to me from that perspective because I am heavy fine motor in my classroom and making sure the children's hands are developed and ready to write before they are forced to write. I really enjoy it so far. I hope this helps. BTW there is a pre-k training for the program in Albany in the spring. I will be going if our district removes the budget freeze.
fredflintston is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2cook

handwriting
Old 02-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our preschool has used it for a few years and I can tell a difference in most of my kiddos at first grade. We've been happy with the program.
luv2cook is offline   Reply With Quote