Help

Substitute Teachers

Felt Bad For Her...

>

mommysubs

Felt Bad For Her...
Old 03-07-2018, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Came in to do a half day for an early elementary teacher today this afternoon. She appeared to be frazzled and stressed. She flat out told me that she was going to apologize up front...her class was going to be awful, because they are awful for her. She desperately gave me a stack of stuff she hoped would keep them busy and apologized for her messy room which was strewn with stacks of random books and papers everywhere and burying her desk. I smiled and calmly said thank you as she headed out the door. They were an eager bunch, but besides three boys who constantly needed to be told to stop talking and be moved away from each other, there were no issues. I went to the staff room while the kids were at specials and picked out a piece of laminated "kindness confetti" they keep there with little notes of encouragement. It read, "You are an inspiration!" I left it next to her computer but nowhere near my sub note so it would be more mysterious as to who may have left it. I think this poor sweet lady needs a nice long vacation!

mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 03-07-2018, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hopefully the kind note will give her a boost, as well as pique her curiosity as to who wrote it. Who knows, it could give her the inspiration she needs to retool her classroom management skills. Good on ya!
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How gracious of you That was kind. You are sweet!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Old 03-08-2018, 02:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Well done! Teachers are people too! I think it's especially cool that you left your note anonymously...
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

:)
Old 03-11-2018, 04:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I get to go back to her classroom for a full day on the 19th, so hoping she will have another nice day off! I will bring in a few of my boys' favorite funny books in case there is any downtime and maybe a little special activity based on their space unit that they are doing this month....if they are good, of course..

mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote