Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Think our dog asked for a walk

>

twin2

Think our dog asked for a walk
Old 08-13-2017, 04:11 PM

I think our dog asked for a walk this morning. She is eight or nine years old and I am not aware of her ever asking for a walk. Walks used to be more regular, but have always been sporadic. She stood on the end of the sofa looking at her harness and leash that are on top of her crate. I have just recently started to walk her around the neighborhood and my daughter walked her twice when I wasn't home. She had to have been asking to go for a walk.

I ignored her then she got down and tried a second time. I feel bad for ignoring her request, but it just wasn't happening this morning. My husband and I just got back from campmeeting yesterday and we are exhausted. At that point I wasn't dressed and my sneakers are still in the camper. I am excited that the dog wants to go for walks. She is getting old and has many of the same needs I do for exercise. I need to make this up to the dog and take her for a walk tomorrow.

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Winn-Dixie

Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 PM

Mine would drop her leash at my feet. If that wasn't a big enough hint, then I don't know what is! She doesn't do it with her new leash. She hates the new leash. It's a bit heavier (more of a rope), but I love the handle on it. So comfy. So she no longer drags the leash to me. I just get puppy eyes now
Winn-Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 08-13-2017, 07:02 PM

If our pit bull wants to go for a walk she will go into our room, sit and look up at where we hang the leashes and whine. Its rare, but she has done it a few times (and its just for a walk not to go to the bathroom because we have a fenced yard for them).

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote