Help

First Grade

Treasures

>

kindlady

Treasures
Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are implementing the treasures program. Please help how you do your small groups with time management when you are working with 4 kids and the others are suppose to be working independently with a room of 18 first graders!!

kindlady is offline   Reply With Quote

PaulaK

treasures
Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It all works together better than you think... But it takes several weeks of training the kids... they have to understand when you are with a reading group at your table, they cannot interrupt you. (that's my biggest issue) I set kids in groups of two or three and our centers(workstations) are at specific areas around the room (we just rotate clockwise to the next station when the timer sounds). The five components are covered at the workstations (phonics, fluency, vocab, phonemic awareness, comp). I call certain groups to my table or pull certain kids (depends on need) and we do a guided reading lesson. If you haven't checked out jmeacham.com, she is a great source of info on the guided reading and workstations. Good luck!
PaulaK is offline   Reply With Quote