Help

BusyBoard

ClassDojo?

>

TchMe

ClassDojo?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I saw saw a post about some online resources and checked a few out. Has anyone used this one, classdojo? It really intrigued me from the little bit of information on their website. I'm curious to know if students and teachers like this and if it is effective.

TchMe is offline   Reply With Quote

teapot

Yes
Old 06-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My first graders really liked using it this year. They have a new section where the students can create their own monster. However, I did not you this feature with my first graders. I projected the program up on the Smartboard and used my iPad so I had movement around the room. My principal was quite impressed with the program when she watched me use it in class. I kept track of the points and then at the end of the week, I gave my kids gold coins to equal the points earned. Then, at the end of the month, they could use the coins to shop in my prize closet.
teapot is offline   Reply With Quote

sci.chick.330

classdojo
Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've never heard of this until now & it seems really interesting! I'm thinking of using this for next year to see how it works with 4th graders!!

Thanks for sharing!!
sci.chick.330 is offline   Reply With Quote

summer4fun

I used it.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The kids loved it. The only reward was to get to change avatar. We stopped using it, though, because my support person was annoyed by it, (the dinging, and the kids asking for points--if they didn't ask, we would forget, though, so...) and the kids were sort of obsessed. We would give points for reading/math groups...I probably didn't use it too well, and would revamp the procedure, but the kids loved it.
summer4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Spunkybee2

Used with 4th Graders!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I found Classdojo towards the end of our school year. I will have to say that I wasn't sure if my fourth graders would like it or not, but they DID!! This was such a great tool that really helped to rejuvenate my classroom management...especially at the end of the year! There were some great new tools that were available that we didn't have enough time to delve into before the year ended. I will DEFINITELY be using this next year!

Spunkybee2 is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 06-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Used it last year and loved it! The kids really liked it and I loved being able to email/print parent reports. I used to write weekly reports, but now I use these.
love_to_learn is offline   Reply With Quote

scarlett

Since I can only manage it
Old 06-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

from the mouse on my desk would you find it disruptive to the class to constantly have to go back to my desk and click?
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote

potter403

Old 06-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I tried using it this year. If i had a device that i could use to give points without having to go back to my computer each time it would be great. I have heard of teachers using their iphone to put up points. I don't have a smart phone. The kids did really respond well to the program though.
potter403 is offline   Reply With Quote

tchrrx

Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I want to try it next year, but I don't know how well it will work since I only have my computer. I do have an iTouch, but I haven't been able to pull it up on there yet.
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

TchMe

Too similar?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Thanks for your feedback!! I'm glad 4th grade teachers used it. I will be teaching 3rd next year and it's good to know it's not too babyish for them. I only have a desktop computer too, so that was a good point to bring up!

I'm just thinking - we have razkids where the students earn points to build a rocketship and change their avatar and such... Do you think this is too similar and they won't be invested in it since it's not something "new" to them?

3drummers

Old 06-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I used it since about October. My 2nd graders loved it. I used my droid phone when I was any from my desk or smart board. It was nice to be able to use it to remind kids to go back to work while I was doing reading groups.
I also had the kids give themselves points as I checked their work if it was done well or when they turned in homework.
I made the behaviors charted the same as our class rules.
They had a great end of year report that charted the kids highs and lows through the year.
3drummers is offline   Reply With Quote

HavnFun

Love it!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I teach 5th grade and even my 5th graders love it. The customer support is wonderful if you have any problems or suggestions. I used my android phone when I was not at my computer. This year I have an ipad so I will use that. Good luck!
HavnFun is offline   Reply With Quote

teachermom5

Not too similar to RAZ kids
Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I have used both, and since you are targeting completely different things, I think it will work great! Kids who succeed at RAZ may not be the same kids racking up points on class DOJO. My kids (4th grade) have loved both, but Class DOJO was the biggest hit! That ding sound is all it takes for kids to scurry around and shape up!
teachermom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

elanms

I know I'm late to this discussion
Old 06-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

but my kids loved Class Dojo. I downloaded the free app to my cell phone so that I would not be tethered to a desk computer. We talked about how expected behavior didn't necessarily always get points but over and above behavior would. They loved the opportunity to earn points and change their avatars. I'm going to use it again next year.
elanms is offline   Reply With Quote

TchMe

Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

All of your posts have been SOOOOO helpful!! Thanks for taking the time to write your input. I look forward to trying this program in September

BettySpeller

Old 06-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

This looks interesting. I will definitely be checking this out. Thanks for letting me know about this!
BettySpeller is offline   Reply With Quote

laurenta

out of the loop...
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

What is this classdojo? I feel like I'm totally out of the loop. Can somebody explain what it is and how it is used in the classroom? Meanwhile I guess I better google it!
laurenta is offline   Reply With Quote