Help

BusyBoard

Classroom Dojo

>

leapinto5

Classroom Dojo
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone use this website in the past? I am thinking about using it with my behavior system next year, but I wanted to hear what other people think about it. It looks really neat. I have a Promethean Board so I know the kids would be able to see it. I also like the fact I can award points on my cell phone. That feature will be great for hallway and bathroom behaviors.

I also like the fact that I can print out results each week as my students have to keep a data binder and behavior is one of them.

Thanks for any input about this website.

leapinto5 is offline   Reply With Quote

3drummers

Old 06-29-2012, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love it! I've used it since about November this past year and it was great. I was at the ISTE conference this past week and met and talked with Sam, one of the founders. He was collecting a lot of feedback and ideas for improvements. I've also emailed back and forth with Kalen the other founder and they are very responsive to helping you. It is a growing program and still in beta so there are some issues now and again.
As a friend told me this weekend, we love it that it's free, but if we had to pay for it, we definitely would.
I love setting up my own behaviors that we want to track. I like giving the kids tha oportunity to give themselves points on the board for things like good work, homework completion, etc.
You can email reports home. They now have a student log in so they can track their own points and make changes to their avatar.
3drummers is offline   Reply With Quote

elanms

Class Dojo
Old 06-29-2012, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love it. My students loved it. I didn't come across it until April of this year, so my students and I explored it together. When the option to change their avatars using the points they had earned was made available, they were so excited. Since the beginning of summer, the option to take attendance has been added. I believe the behavior tracking and report generator will be invaluable for students who have BIPs or IEPs where behavior must be documented daily. I encourage you to explore and use. I have had nothing but positive experiences.
elanms is offline   Reply With Quote

Burnetteers

So Excited!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just checked out this site... I will def use this in my inclusion class. Thanks!
Burnetteers is offline   Reply With Quote

gymbob

Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I loved it and so did my students. They would remind me to put it on if i forgot.

I had a glitch one day and emailed their tech support. It was quickly fixed and I got a personal response.

gymbob is offline   Reply With Quote

PBobcats4

No smartbaord
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have looked into this but don't have a smart board, is it something that is easily used without one? I do have a projector.
PBobcats4 is offline   Reply With Quote

leapinto5

Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I really want to try something different this school year. I know I am going to have at least one student who has some problems, and I am hoping to get him on board by doing something that is more interactive. Again, thanks for all the feedback. I am now off to tweak my behavior plan.
leapinto5 is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

No smart board here
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I just use it with my laptop and projector... and I put a wireless mouse on my laptop, so even if I'm with a group across the room, I take the mouse with me and can stop and click to give or take points from anywhere.

There is a phone app, but in a portable and have crap wireless service out here.. so I use the mouse

I had a kid last year who was SOOOO loud, everything she said she yelled. I started just doing a negative point everytime she was loud, and didn't even say anything anymore. When she'd go a few minutes speaking normally, I'd give her a positive. She would move to the front of the room with a clipboard to work, and sit and watch for her next clip up... hey, it got her quiet! That's all that I cared about..
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote