The VENT

What is it going to take?

>

ForeverMom

What is it going to take?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ugh...I'm just mad.

We've had meeting after meeting about not letting people in the building. Obviously we have been on high alert since last Friday.

So this afternoon our classes are out in the hallway waiting for the bathroom. (We only have 1 for the whole 2-5 grade. ) Anyway, we hear adult women in there. What? So these women were in there just a swearing away! We didn't let our kids in there. I leave the hallway to head down to the office to get help. Yep, the secretary says "Well they came into the office and asked if they could use the bathroom. So I sent them down?" WHAT!!!!!!!!!! You did WHAT!!!! Just random strangers from who knows where..you just let them in !!!

OMG, I'm livid!!!! Principal was in a meeting so I couldn't tell him, but he will be getting an earful after school.

ForeverMom is offline   Reply With Quote

trishg1

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is unbelievable. Let us know how the P takes it.
trishg1 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachNut

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is unbelievable! Even without last Friday's events, WHY would anyone allow random people to come use the restrooms where we have our students use the bathrooms? That is absolutely irresponsible behavior under any circumstances. And people wonder why schools have a bad reputation!
TeachNut is offline   Reply With Quote

BoSox_Fan

Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For the sake of your school, faculty, and staff, I certainly hope it wasn't a local news outlet proving how easy it is to just walk into a school.

I'd be LIVID, seeing red, kind of angry about that one too.
BoSox_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Unbelievable! What was she thinking? Did she think they were volunteering in the school and dint know where the bathrooms were?

teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

Proud of my teammate
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

One of the teachers in my school passed a police officer in the hallway without a visitor's badge. She stopped him, and asked if he'd check in with the office. He said that he had. She asked him to go back to the office and get a visitor's badge. She pointed out that he, even in uniform, was not properly identified, and he agreed.

She pointed out to us later that a police officer's uniform might be the perfect disguise for a kook, since they come into schools, perhaps armed, and unquestioned.

I was proud of her for thinking and acting!
PrivateEyes is online now   Reply With Quote

StoneSoup

Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We once had a gentleman on our playground at recess. He was walking around with a clipboard. We were in the process of trying to get a bond issue for adding on to another building and closing ours. I figured that was what he was doing. I noticed he didn't have a badge on and asked him if he had stopped in the office. He told me had and he was the safety inspector and I had passed. WHEW!
No matter how hard we preach the safety of stopping in the office, we continually have parents, maintenance people, etc. who think they don't need to get that little sticker.
StoneSoup is offline   Reply With Quote

penguin1113

Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Wow. YOu have every right to be angry. Who knows who these women were and what they were up to?! And the fact that she allowed them to use a bathroom that students use...

Who goes into a school to use a bathroom? If I'm driving and have the urge to use the bathroom, I go to a gas station or a store. I would never think to use a school!
penguin1113 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

I win
Old 12-19-2012, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We have been a little lax about having people sign in and put on a badge...specificially 2-4 parents who have kids in 3rd-5th grade who come in EVERY morning.

Beginning Monday we tightened up procedures; EVERYONE signs in and puts on a badge.

We had 2 parents (a married couple) in the principal's office complaining to her about having to sign in when they come in. The kicker is they hardly ever come into school. They're not parents we would recognize walking around the building. Seriously?
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

southernfried

Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Meanwhile, every single door (interior and exterior) in our 5-building, 1,200+ student school remains unlocked...

southernfried is offline   Reply With Quote
SubMan

SubMan

Old 12-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Reminds me of the day when I subbed in second grade at the Helicopter Parent School. Mom lies to the office about the purpose of her visit. Says it is to bring her KDG student his back pack. Instead I find her eavesdropping from the door to the classroom while I am teaching. I asked who she is and she says she know the teacher was out and just wanted to see who the sub was.

3drummers

Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We have big signs on the students' bathrooms that say "Students Only". Parents need to use the bathrooms in the office. We have a few staff bathrooms on campus but we have a special key for those.
3drummers is offline   Reply With Quote

cafe11

That is insane!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

We are not even allowed to hold the door open for strangers at the main door when we are coming in. We have to let it shut right in front of them and they have to look into a camera now. Crazy stuff. But it all is done for a good reason.

ForeverMom - did you talk to the principal yet?? We need updates!
cafe11 is offline   Reply With Quote