Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

Social Studies Weekly

>

mrszemog

Social Studies Weekly
Old 06-21-2016, 06:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be teaching 4th/5th grade SS (Texas History for 4th, and U.S History for 5ht). Our principal informed me we will be using Social Studies Weekly as our textbook. I have used SSWeekly in fourth grade as supplemental resources, however, I've never used it as the main text. Those of you who use this as your main text, how do you do it? As far as classwork/assessments? Do you create your own assessments? We are expected to have higher level Bloom questions on our assessments, and I don't think SSWeekly has that kind of assessment.
Thanks!

mrszemog is offline   Reply With Quote

Michele10

social studies weekly use
Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I also teach 4th grade and I have used the Social Studies Weekly Illinois history as my textbook. I usually read 1/2 the paper the first day(the front page and some of the info along the bottom of the inside pages) and day 2 we would read the main lesson that was located on the inside. I would try to find some activity on my own to do with the students that would go along with the main lesson if possible. There is a worksheet that can be used as a test and I believe there is an online test available too. I would usually make my own assessment. The students and I really enjoy using it. The only complaint I have is the lack of resources available with it.
Michele10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

studies weekly
Old 06-23-2016, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm curious when people feel that studies weekly lacks resources. Do you use the estudies features? There are lots of videos and extra features. Plus using our chromebooks, students have the capability of listening to the articles-very helpful for lower or struggling readers. The teacher guide also gives many additional resources you can use, many online.

I'm a huge fan of studies weekly
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote