Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Seaturtle08 - How are you?

>

SteelerFan

Seaturtle08 - How are you?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:56 PM

I hope you are finding some sort of relief for your pain. Thinking of you.

SteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

suzyteach

me too!
Old 10-27-2016, 07:02 PM

I hope the medical folk are taking you seriously, and looking for the answer. I'm so sorry for this ordeal.
suzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 10-27-2016, 08:36 PM

Prayers continue to abide for you!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Seaturtle08

Still at home
Old 10-28-2016, 07:35 AM

I'm hanging in here, still at home and still in a lot of pain. I didn't sleep much last night, the pain kept waking me up.

I saw the surgeon yesterday for a second opinion and, while she agrees that I do have a small hernia (and she actually went back and looked at the images from my kickboxing incident in March, it was present then and larger, so it is healing), she doesn't think it's the cause of the pain. It's apparently much lower (over the pubic bone) than the pain, and if it had an entrapped nerve, the pain would go down my leg. She was really nice and when she had to tell me "I don't know" she said that it sucked telling me that.

I saw my chiropractor this morning and filled him in. After examining me today, he does not think that it's muscular (which is the conclusion of the hospital docs because they can't find anything), since I don't have additional pain with movement or going from laying to sitting. He tried some release moves on a muscle that runs under my abs, but didn't feel any tension or inflammation in it.

I don't know that I'll make it through the weekend without ending up back in the ER...not that they can really do anything. But, if the pain is bad enough, I'll go and throw a fit if I need to- pretty sure they already think I'm crazy . I don't really know what else to do. There were times yesterday that my vision started to go grey because of the pain.

I'm welcoming any ideas right now, no matter how crazy or unlikely. Pain relief tips are also more than welcome! I'm alternating Vicoden and ibuprofen, been using heat and ice, and have the icy hot patches for when I have to be moving around or out of the house (those don't help much). Trying not to lose my mind...
Seaturtle08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Clarity

I mentioned this before,
Old 10-28-2016, 08:22 AM

but was wondering if you had had an MRI to rule out a spinal tumor? A friend of mine had similar symptoms and that was the issue.

Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote

Seaturtle08

No MRI
Old 10-28-2016, 09:16 AM

I haven't had an MRI done. I've had multiple CT scans (with and without contrast, oral and IV) and ultrasounds done in addition to bloodwork and urinalysis (both general and specifically looking for different things). I don't really know what an MRI could show that a Ct doesn't, but I'll look into it.

teachnkids

Old 10-28-2016, 09:38 AM

Definitely request MRI. It can see things that CT doesn't show.

Have you had a female ultra sound. The one where they stick thing in you?

Appendix is out or has been checked, right?

Broken hip or upper leg bone?
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Seaturtle08

Old 10-28-2016, 10:25 AM

Definitely going to see if they'll do an MRI...mostly cause I don't know what else to do at this point.

Yes, I've had several transvaginal ultrasounds along with a transabdominal ultrasound...nothing abnormal besides a cyst on my left ovary (opposite side of where I'm in pain).

They've checked my appendix, multiple times...they've also checked for kidney stones, and my glalbladder is gone already.

Fracture in hip/leg is very unlikely, since I am not in more pain while walking or standing and have no trouble weight bearing or even standing on one leg.

than you guys for your thoughts, questions, and suggestions. If I sound frustrated, please know that it's not with you! The situation and my own body are frustrating me.