Help

Substitute Teachers

Phantom job acceptances on AESOP

>

Coffee368

Phantom job acceptances on AESOP
Old 03-09-2020, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I keep getting signed up for jobs in AESOP that I never accepted. It happened twice today alone. So I need to keep canceling, and itís going to make me look bad, canceling all these jobs. Iím trying to find who to talk to about this issue. Hopefully it gets sorted out and explained to the schools, so they donít think Iím flaking on everything. This is really annoying though; I am not happy.

Coffee368 is offline   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Old 03-09-2020, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That's super weird. Never heard of that happening before.

Contact your sub coordinator immediately and let them know. Also talk to the admin of schools who are signing you up without your consent.
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 03-10-2020, 03:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you accessed your Aesop account using a school computer?

It could be that someone is able to access your account. Iíd change the password.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Coffee368

Old 03-10-2020, 06:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It turns out these teachers were signing me up themselves! Yikes. So thereís a note being sent out to everyone to NOT do that. Apparently they had to send this note out in the past too. People, if you want us to sub for you, ASK! Just...wow. I would not have imagined that would be something that needs to be said.
Coffee368 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bobbies

They are desperate for subs that bad eh?
Old 03-10-2020, 06:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Yeah, if someone wants you bad enough, they will put your name in. I've been asked before that happening though.

Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 03-10-2020, 07:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Teachers CAN assign subs, themselves, but when you sign up a sub, it clearly states that they have talked to the sub and the sub agreed to take the job. Plus, like you said, it's common sense. A good way to not have a sub, also. What if you wouldn't have checked?

A college degree doesn't always equate to common sense.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 03-10-2020, 12:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
bodhimom's Message:

Teachers CAN assign subs, themselves, but when you sign up a sub, it clearly states that they have talked to the sub and the sub agreed to take the job. Plus, like you said, it's common sense. A good way to not have a sub, also. What if you wouldn't have checked?

A college degree doesn't always equate to common sense.
When you state that, "Teachers CAN assign subs," keep in mind that every district has Aesop configured differently. None of the districts where I have worked have ever given teachers the ability to assign subs. I had one situation where nobody could assign a sub. The job had to go out on Aesop.
Nietzsche is online now   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 03-10-2020, 02:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

They probably just don't know how to do it. It isn't intuitive. As a sub, I have had to show teachers how to do it.

Nietzsche

Old 03-10-2020, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Quote:
bodhimom's Message:

They probably just don't know how to do it. It isn't intuitive. As a sub, I have had to show teachers how to do it.
No, in the case of the district that I mentioned, their policy was that all jobs had to be posted on Aesop. Neither teachers, secretaries, principals, or the district office could place a sub in a job. They needed a male to take a P.E. job for a couple days teaching swimming and supervising the Boys' locker room. Tehy called me to see if I was available but explained they couldn't put me in the job, that I had to look for it on Aesop.

mrsd5

My district.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

The teacher canít put a sub in, but the secretary can. Usually, the teacher contacts me and then contacts the secretary. Occasionally, the secretary will contact me for confirmation. I find it easier than trying to be the first one to click when the job is posted, which I had to do last night. That is nerve-wracking.

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 03-10-2020, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

That very well might be a "policy," but it can be done. The OP's problem shows that it can be done. I don't really care, but I've seen it done with my own eyes. Like I said, people just don't know how to do it.

CC96

My teachers
Old 03-10-2020, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

My teachers text or email me to see if Iím available and want to accept the position, and if I am then they put me in as a prearranged Sub, and I accept it within Frontline. A few times a sub coordinator has assigned me a job, but I still need to go in and accept it on front line, I can decline it if I want.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

c6g

Old 03-10-2020, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

It's happened to me in the past, but not lately. A couple years ago, a teacher who is always very friendly put me in without asking. I knew the kids would be all right, so I didn't mind.

I used to sub in some tough alternative high schools in a district I later dropped. After some bad experiences, I vowed never to go back. One teacher really liked me and was desperate for a sub, so she put me in without asking. I felt bad, but canceled.
c6g is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 03-11-2020, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Quote:
CC96's Message:

My teachers text or email me to see if Iím available and want to accept the position, and if I am then they put me in as a prearranged Sub, and I accept it within Frontline. A few times a sub coordinator has assigned me a job, but I still need to go in and accept it on front line, I can decline it if I want.
I've subbed for a dozen different districts and have never seen it work this way. In most of the districts where I work, a secretary can put me in a job, or take me out. I will get a conformation message in Aesop, but I don't think it matters if I confirm or not. There have been times I did not conform until after the job was over.

It just goes to show that every district is set up differently on Aesop. Once it gets set up, it doesn't appear that most districts have someone who is an expert on the system.