Help

BusyBoard

Is anyone else having issues with zoom?

>

Haley23

Is anyone else having issues with zoom?
Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm wondering if there are issues because so many people are using it. Last night my team and I met and it kicked all of us off at least once. Today, we met with our sped director and it was a nightmare. Anytime someone tried to share their screen, their computer froze. Then everyone else's would start freezing- first you could hear everyone but not see anything, and then it would kick you off. I had to restart my computer 4x in the one hour meeting. My director insists she's done "1000 meetings" and nothing like this has happened before. Did anyone else have issues today (Thursday- I'm writing this late at night)? We've done a couple of successful meetings with google hangouts, but district is now saying we can only use zoom.

Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

austeach

zoom
Old 03-27-2020, 03:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes my team tried to do a meeting on Thursday, and it was very unpleasant. I could barely understand anyone. It was all choppy.
austeach is offline   Reply With Quote

rachelmpd

Not promising
Old 03-27-2020, 09:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That doesn’t sound promising as my entire Sunday school is using it Sunday! I tried Wednesday with family, it was okay.
rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 03-27-2020, 10:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
We've done a couple of successful meetings with google hangouts, but district is now saying we can only use zoom.
That is so weird! We were told we cannot use zoom, but must use Google Meet(s) (I think that's what it is called).

Today was the first day my screen kept freezing and I had to relog in. I'm wondering if it is because more and more teachers are learning how to video conference with their classes...
eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

Sleddog

Zoom
Old 03-28-2020, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

One of the keys to Zoom is everyone HAS to mute. Only one person can speak at a time. If more than one person is muted, you run the risk of feedback and background noise.

Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 03-28-2020, 12:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
That is so weird! We were told we cannot use zoom, but must use Google Meet(s) (I think that's what it is called).

Today was the first day my screen kept freezing and I had to relog in. I'm wondering if it is because more and more teachers are learning how to video conference with their classes...
They are saying zoom is more secure and apparently it's what doctor's offices are using. I think it's because on zoom people can't get in the meeting before you start it nor can they stay after (so there is no risk of students staying unsupervised or going back in later unsupervised). Last I heard google was trying to fix this issue but IDK how quickly they can do it.

I do think we're seeing more issues because so many people are on it now. My team met yesterday on google and had similar issues.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Another factor...
Old 03-30-2020, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This may not be specific to Zoom. Internet usage is soaring due to kids learning... adults working from home... and Facebook addicts who have nothing better to do. I'm finding that most of the programs I use that are cloud-based or rely on an Internet connection are often stuttering and in some cases simply not working. In fact, it just took me three attempts to post this!
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote