Help

BusyBoard

My first parade

>

luvmycat

My first parade
Old 05-04-2020, 10:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just came home from a parade honoring the staff from the school that I retired from last year. It was a no zoom meeting day and the staff was invited to bring their chairs and to distance themselves seated around the bus circle while families cruised through with their signs and balloons. I did not get a chance to see the ‘guidelines’ that were communicated to both staff and families. The PTA at that school has always gone above and beyond with their efforts to show their appreciation. I can imagine that they will continue to be creative in their efforts this year.

One sad note is that the PTA has missed some of its biggest fundraisers, including the successful auction! I’m afraid they might need to let go of some of the positions that they have previously funded!

I can only think of 2 members of the staff that were not present. I was proud to honor my past coworkers.

I hope that all of you are shown some form of appreciation this week, however distant it may be.

luvmycat is online now   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

We are, too
Old 05-04-2020, 12:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We will be doing a parade like this in a few weeks. Teachers will be spaced out in the parking lot with signs, decorations, etc. Families will drive through. There will be something, we aren't sure yet what, to honor the retirees. They are thinking for right now just a basket for people to drop off cards and such, but they also said they didn't want school families to get out of their car.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Love it!
Old 05-05-2020, 03:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How great that sounds... it is interesting that we're not hearing more about the impacts on PTA/Parent Organizations. We have a similar issue with fundraisers but since our group was mostly about organizing field trips, their costs are down as well.
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote