Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Iím starting to worry

>

amiga13

Iím starting to worry
Old 05-24-2020, 11:46 AM

I donít usually worry about stuff I canít control, but today Iím starting to be very concerned about more illness. I just took a short afternoon walk and saw LOTS of people (many age ranges) in groups without facial covering. As I plug along looking like an alien in my gaiter, sunglasses, and visor, I worry that weíll soon be right back where we were mid-March.

What are you seeing where you live? What do you think? Am I overreacting?

amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 05-24-2020, 11:57 AM

I'm not out all that much because I don't think we should be reopening yet. Areas that have reopened for the most part are beginning to see a rise in COVID numbers again.

That said, when I've done curbside pick up, I see people walking in and out of stores/restaurants without masks. I also see on the news that poeple are flocking to Va Beach (about 2 hrs east of me), and pics of the beach show people very close to others.

I don't think you're overreacting, Amiga. Just don't let it turn to fear.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

I am concerned...
Old 05-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Our beaches opened up this weekend. The weather has not been great, but many people are restless and ready to shed restrictions. I hope the numbers continue to drop, but I am not confident. Last night, I learned my hairdresserís sister passed from the virus. It is still here, even though the curve is flattened.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

No masks
Old 05-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Most places here do not allow you in without a mask. I have noticed folks walking or on our bike path that do not step aside and no mask in sight. We try to be SO careful, it is annoying when people think they do not need to follow the rules. We carry our masks and pop them on and step aside if we see someone!
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Dr. A

COVID & Community Sighting
Old 05-24-2020, 12:05 PM

Amiga,

I agree.

Cases in my state & city are increasing.

The weather is sunny & 90 degrees.

In my area beaches have opened. They are overcrowded no space for social distancing.

I see many cookouts.

I see moon bounces at several parties-no social distancing.

Many tourists are visiting the city from other states.

Some people not wearing masks.

There will be people who are symptomatic who are still going into the community

Some symptomatic people will be working in the community-like those Missouri hairstylists

Dr. A is offline   Reply With Quote

Lynnteach2

Old 05-24-2020, 12:05 PM

I don’t think you are over reacting. I too notice the same things. I went to do my pick up of groceries at Fred Meyer(Kroger) here in Bellingham. Where the pick up area is, you can observe people coming and going. About half the people had masks and very little social distancing. The parking lot was 75% full. Costco is across the street and the traffic there is down as the border is closed so Canadians can’t come. ( We are about 25 miles from the border.) Our county has asked all residents to wear masks in public. I live in a 55 and over condo complex with many residents/owners over 75. Many of them don’t wear masks or social distance. Our county is in Phase 1 of our state’s 4 phases, hopefully going to phase 2 next week.

Last edited by Lynnteach2; 05-24-2020 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Lynnteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

CatLove

Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 PM

Yep, people out in big crowds. I think the future will depend on the death rate, not the number of people infected. Hopefully those at risk will be extra diligent. I know my dad is a prime candidate and he is being very careful. I just wish everyone thought of others. I know our infection rate is the highest itís been since May 8th. Iím beginning to think people are incapable of governing themselves.
CatLove is offline   Reply With Quote

DSLBUG

Old 05-24-2020, 12:16 PM

I agree! My state is going to phase 2 June 1. Groups up to 50 will be allowed with social distancing is one of the directives. Our Covid numbers have been relatively low, but they are going to skyrocket!
DSLBUG is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

It seems like people think it's over.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:22 PM

I only see about half of the people around here wearing masks when I leave home, which isn't very often. I take DD out for a "change the environment" ride once a day, but we don't go inside anywhere. We just watch people. Still, our state is fairly low on cases except where the prisons are. There is a high incidence of cases in the prisons, and that brings our total really high for the county. We only have 10 cases in our town, and that hasn't changed for a long time, so I think they will be recovering soon.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

So Sad
Old 05-24-2020, 12:24 PM

I don't go out but have seen on the news that the areas around me can be crowded with little to no social distancing going on. Also, no masks being used. I think you are right about #s going back up if people don't start wearing masks and social distancing. We need our LEADERS to step up and show by example. People don't seem to be listening to the sciencists [sp].

klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 05-24-2020, 12:34 PM

My small town is up and down. One time I will go out and less than half are wearing masks. Two days ago, when I was out, almost everyone was wearing a mask. Weird/who knows!?

What worries me are the pics I see of the beaches and of national parks. Ridiculous and so not necessary for people to be so cavalier about all of this.

I have to put it out of my mind, otherwise, I'd worry incessantly. I can only control myself.
eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 05-24-2020, 12:34 PM

I feel exactly the same way!
annie_g is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-24-2020, 12:36 PM

It is concerning and I agree with the PP who said the behaviors will change when the death rates start to climb. People are restless and I donít know that many are impacted by the illness yet. Iím surprised...my area is still largely shut down and the vast majority of people in stores are wearing masks and trying to SD.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Ruby tunes

You're not overreacting!
Old 05-24-2020, 12:38 PM

I walk every day in the large park a block from my home. This week I've seen groups playing volleyball, baseball, basketball, and soccer. The skate park and dog park areas are now open as well. I pass bicyclists, dog walkers, and people sitting out on the grass or under the pavilions. Only a few are wearing a mask whereas just a few weeks ago almost everyone was masked. I will continue to wear a mask but it is sad to see how little others care.

Yes, I'm worried. And my SoCal city has the highest death rate of all the surrounding cities in my area. Double the next closest.
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-24-2020, 12:39 PM

I've posted on here several times about the fact that social distancing seems to be a thing of the past in my apartment complex. Our county is still under the stay home act, but I think the fact that the weather is getting nicer and some counties in our state are opening up a little (and many states have opened up a lot more) has lessened some of the caution I was seeing before.

I'm still seeing people social stance, but I'm also seeing many more groups as I walk around. I haven't been in a store for months, so I have no clue what those look like, but dh goes and he says he's seeing more people out and about.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Dr. A

COVID-Community Sightings
Old 05-24-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I know our infection rate is the highest it’s been since May 8th. I’m beginning to think people are incapable of governing themselves.

I agree 100%

This is my concern, bc those are the people who cause others to become affected.

I have noticed the same in my state-numbers increasing.

I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but

one PTer said people are intelligent enough to practice social distancing & wanted me to produce news articles about cases increasing

Last edited by Dr. A; 05-24-2020 at 02:14 PM..
Dr. A is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 05-24-2020, 12:47 PM

I was about to post the same thing. There have been no changes in restrictions from last week. But it's like people have gone berserk. Do they think all precautions go away because it is a holiday weekend?

My little downtown area has huge signs saying masks are required. I was walking my dog yesterday. Normally the only people I see are a few other dog walkers.

The streets were packed. People sitting shoulder to should outside the ice cream shop. One restaurant had their patios tables out. All the other places had them chained up. This restaurant was allowed people to eat at the tables. And bringing food out to them. No employee had a mask on.

The road to go up into the mountains is backed up like a freeway. Lots of fireworks going off last night. I really fear a wildfire.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

canteach

I fully expect there to be a huge
Old 05-24-2020, 12:48 PM

increase in the number of cases & eventually deaths following this long holiday weekend. Many people are not social distancing nor using masks in public areas. With the beach openings & people visiting from different areas, they will be contaminating each other & returning to their home communities to do the same. It reminds me of Pompey before the eruption of the mountain or of passengers on the Titanic before 7 just after they hit the iceberg. Fortunately, there are still may frequent commercials about flattening the curve on TV each day as well as the newscasts reporting the situations around the country, but not everyone tunes in to see what's what.
I also agree with others who said, all we can control is what we do ourselves. I stay home most of the time, but I was never one who had to go-go-go, anyway. I will miss going on vacation in the fall this year which is when we used to go the beach since I first retired. My husband is doing most of the shopping since he just retired at the first of the year. It's nice not having to worry about him being exposed at work from the patients at the clinic where he was a PTA.
canteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 05-24-2020, 12:52 PM

The thing is, the number will go up no matter when we open up. We can't wait for a vaccine, and it's not like the disease is going away. So yes, there will be an increase. The point of all of this was not to overwhelm our health system, which we have succeeded in doing. In fact, we ended up hurting the health system by banning elective surgeries, which is how many hospitals, docs, and other workers make their money.

That said, people in my town have been pretty good, and I actually think some of it is because we haven't closed our beaches or parks or anything this whole time. Nobody is out flocking to them this weekend because they finally can. We just started opening restaurants for outdoor dining, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. Everyone I know is slowly opening up their circle, but nobody is throwing big parties or anything even though graduation is right around the corner.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

It is what it is.....
Old 05-24-2020, 12:59 PM

Check the news from different areas of our country and the world, if you really want the latest snapshot of what is going on now.

What do I think? I keep updated on info from the scientists, doctors/ data. There is no surprise in them informing us of a rise in numbers.

Bottom line is that you can't change what is going to happen. People are going to be part of the problem in spreading the virus by making excuses why they are not being careful / to justify doing what they want to do/having "their freedom."

If you are truly worried, you, and all of us, can gain some feeling of being in control by taking part in not getting/spreading the virus:
-stay out of the stores-do curbside
-stay away from places where you know there will be groups/ "LOTS of people without facial coverings"
-keep your home a safe place by not allowing people/workers inside (no telling where they've been before/when not working)

Bottom line, if we are worried, pretty much the most sensible thing to do is to be serious about taking control of our own actions. I sleep better and worry less, knowing that everyone in this house is doing what he/she needs to do, no excuses.
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Gloom of doom
Old 05-24-2020, 01:07 PM

That is me, I guess. I check the global, state, and county statistics every day and take a snapshot of it. Then I compare it with the day before. My county which is far west of Chicago is increasingly having more cases every day. From yesterday to today we have 350 new cases.

On the sub board and elsewhere I have read where people say that this is an old peopleĎs disease. That does infuriate me a bit. When I look at just my county statistics which is represented in a bar graph every day it is the people between 20 years old and 59 that have the majority of the cases. The cases of young children and people 60 and up have very few cases of the virus. Iím not a doctor but my guess would be that those in the age group contact the virus survive but pass it on to the other people who then die.

Sorry, I digress. My town is one we are people come to shop even though it is more of a quaint town. Some people wear masks while others do not. Costco is always crowded. The streets are always crowded.

Like someone said previously, this is going to be around for a while. Iím trying to stay positive now and not be the doom of gloom.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

wildflowerz

Old 05-24-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
The thing is, the number will go up no matter when we open up. We can't wait for a vaccine, and it's not like the disease is going away. So yes, there will be an increase. The point of all of this was not to overwhelm our health system, which we have succeeded in doing.
Although I do agree with this, I can’t help but wonder if we are speeding towards another NYC crisis, but this time it will be across the country.

I heard someone say that the restart needs to be like a dimmer, not a light switch. Some places have turned on the floodlights.

I worry too.
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

luvmycat

Agree
Old 05-24-2020, 01:08 PM

I am also concerned that social distancing is becoming less in my community. This weekend I am seeing more neighbors socializing with people who are not in their household. I see no masks either. I am in a community that has a higher rate of infection than many of the cities in my county. One factor that I think might be contributing to the high numbers in some of the communities is that there are large numbers of households where many people are crowded into. Many of the citizens in my neighborhood are in jobs deemed essential and they have been off to work regularly.

While the cases have been on the rise in my county I have not been too concerned because the testing is now available without symptoms and testing numbers have been going up. We had been on a downward number of hospitalizations and that was hopeful. However, today that number turned around and had an increase.

I only go shopping during the senior hours and I feel like those times are still honoring social distancing and wearing masks. It may have to come to policing a few hours in the day where if you are out you must practice safe distance and wear a mask. The rest of the time you can do as you please. If we really want to open things back up, people need to feel safe going out of their homes and not have to fear being infected by inconsiderate citizens.

I hope that our leaders can be good role models and convince everyone that we need to do this to return to our freedom loving country.
luvmycat is offline   Reply With Quote

eeza

lockdown
Old 05-24-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
The thing is, the number will go up no matter when we open up. We can't wait for a vaccine, and it's not like the disease is going away. So yes, there will be an increase. The point of all of this was not to overwhelm our health system, which we have succeeded in doing. In fact, we ended up hurting the health system by banning elective surgeries, which is how many hospitals, docs, and other workers make their money.
I agree. I think people are forgetting the point of the lockdown and want no cases and no deaths. That's unrealistic.

The case count will also go up since we have more testing.

People should do what is best for them and if that means following more stringent guidelines for themselves because they are at-risk, then they should do that. This is not going away and waiting around for a vaccine doesn't make sense considering we are still waiting for the common cold vaccine.
eeza is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 05-24-2020, 01:23 PM

People are not wearing masks in my area. I don't wear one outside, bit always do if I go into a building.

A family with 3 teenage girls went into a local store ahead of me on Friday. The 3 girls were giggling and talking about me wearing my mask. First I thought they were commenting about how cute my mask was. Then I overheard one of them and knew better. Parent right there ignoring them. It was all I could do not to give them the middle finger!

I see people all over FB and locally congregating and having a good old time.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 05-24-2020, 01:28 PM

I agree. My town is up to 487 cases our population is around 37,000. We have a meat packing facility that is full of the virus. Our governor is opening everything up now as well. The last to open next weekend will be bars and clubs. She is still recommending social distancing and taking care if you have underlying health issues, but still. We are still staying in and only using curbside pick up when possible. I use a mask when I am not able to get pick up.
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Old 05-24-2020, 01:35 PM

The police here were called out to bar full of customers yesterday. Nobody was wearing a mask, nobody was social distancing and the bar owner claims that the staff was ďoverrunĒ by customers. The crowd had to be dispersed because itís still supposed to be curb side pick up only.

I saw the pictures from the lake of the Ozarks and I have no words.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Spedtcher

Old 05-24-2020, 01:44 PM

I am still not really going out much at all, but when I have, people seem to be wearing masks and social distancing. I did have a dream last night where I was out in public and no one was wearing masks and I was wondering what had happened. Funny to think that a few months ago dreaming about everyone wearing masks would be odd.

I think it is going to be so much harder once we return to work though.
Ima Spedtcher is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 05-24-2020, 01:48 PM

I have such mixed feelings in this topic. I agree 100% with what Eeza said. We canít shut down our lives, stay shut in forever or wait for a vaccine. Our economy is already suffering and the longer we wait, the antsier people are going to get.

That said, as we start to open, people are mistaking ďopeningĒ for ďall clearĒ which it isnít. Personally, Iím going to keep wearing a mask out, social distancing, etc, but I am going to start going out. I canít and wonít keep living in fear. I can only control my choices and Iíll make the choices I feel are best for me.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

I think it's very important
Old 05-24-2020, 01:50 PM

that people who are concerned, aged, or have immune issues continue to take the most stringent of precautions that they are willing to take.

That being said, I don't think it's mentally healthy to be walking down the street counting the number of people not wearing masks in the fresh air, or paying attention to the pictures carefully timed for the most shock effect. If you can't control it, why stew about it?

When I go into a store, or my school, I wear a mask, sanitize before and after, and keep my distance. I see some people also wearing masks, and some who are not. It doesn't bother me, because I'm not in charge of them.

The only reason you should be concerned about what your neighbors are doing is if you plan to hang out with those neighbors.
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
It doesn't bother me, because I'm not in charge of them.
True you are not in charge of them, but your mask protects them and their lack of a mask puts me at risk!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

But the difference is
Old 05-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
True you are not in charge of them, but your mask protects them and their lack of a mask puts me at risk!
That's true. But if I see someone without a mask, I can keep my distance. Even if they approach me, most studies show that merely walking by someone without a mask, even if they happen to have COVID, has not been shown to contract the disease.
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 05-24-2020, 02:57 PM

We are still on lockdown here and pretty much everyone is wearing a mask and social distancing. We live near borders of two other states and we drove around a couple of towns in one yesterday without leaving our car. We were curious what was happening there as explained in the next part which I posted on another thread.

My state, Illinois, is still on lockdown until Friday when we move to another phase. There will still be many things not running full speed at our next stage and we still will only be able to gather in groups of 10 or less and only eat at outside tables at restaurants.

Our neighbor to the north, Wisconsin, is now open with no rules or plan in place because their governorís order was overturned by the Supreme Court and the representatives who sued did not yet have a new plan in place. We ventured over the border for the first time in over two months yesterday, staying in our car. We drove around a popular lake town and saw tons of people gathering in very large groups. The restaurants were packed and we saw almost no one wearing masks or maintaining social distancing. We saw something almost as bad in another Wisconsin town today.

I understand that those who are immune compromised can choose where to go and not go right now, but what about when fall rolls around and we eventually have to return to the classroom. That is what I am worried about and I know many other teachers on here are too according to the discussions I have been seeing.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 05-24-2020, 03:21 PM

I expected this mess as soon as the Feds began their response to the pandemic and so I never anticipated a feeling of safety. The normilization of death and the lack of medical and other supports for Americans combined with a disrespect of science does equate to the mess we are in. What I am left with is the profound responsibility to vote,wear a mask to respect myself and others and work to promote the protection of the weakest among us.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Izzy23

Old 05-24-2020, 03:30 PM

Jazzer, I'm in Wisconsin and those packed crowds in our lake towns are almost all tourists from out of state! It's very upsetting to see people cross the border and flood our towns -- and I've heard that they are aggressive about not social distancing and refusing to wear masks.

It's one thing if we open back up and people still take precautions. It's another thing if we open back up and everyone acts like we're back to normal. Then we did not flatten the curve, we only delayed it. We were shutting down to avoid a surge that overwhelmed the hospitals. Given this behavior, that's still going to happen.
Izzy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 05-24-2020, 03:45 PM

Izzy, that is true. We counted the license plates as we drove around and the majority were from my state. We did not partake in it, we just drove around without leaving the car.

Now those people are going to bring everything back to us. The reminder does make me feel better about people in our neighboring state, but not about my fellow Illinois people.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tori58

Old 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Jazzer, I'm in Wisconsin and those packed crowds in our lake towns are almost all tourists from out of state!
Just what I was going to say. That's not to say that we don't have plenty of Wisconsinites doing crazy-stupid things, too, but we are paying the price for having no restrictions when all of our neighboring states still do.

I'm in NE Wisconsin and, in my community, many businesses have tried to find ways to cater to the tourists while maintaining some level of safety but there are those few idiots who make it tough on everyone. There's a privately owned campground up here whose owner bragged about refusing to close the associated bar and restaurant even when we still had a Safer at Home order. Now she's bragging that face masks are not allowed; she'll consider anyone wearing a mask to be a potential burglar.

It's what happens when it all becomes politicized. If you were in Racine County, Jazzer, you should know that their county sheriff is the ringleader of the group of county sheriffs who unilaterally decided that the Safer at Home order was unconstitutional long before the state supreme court ruled on it. So, except inside city limits (if the city PD were still doing their jobs), the Safer at Home order wasn't being enforced, anyway.

All I can say about it is that so far our hospitals do not appear to have been overwhelmed. We'll have to wait and see what happens down the road a few weeks.
Tori58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Me, too!
Old 05-24-2020, 04:03 PM

I’m good at not worrying when I’m busy, and eTeaching kept me quite occupied. Now that the school year is winding down, and things are opening up, I see more things that disturb me. People not wearing masks in stores, when I am wearing mine to protect them, infuriates me. I see it as common courtesy. I stay away as much as I can, but the masks and social distancing are “strongly recommended” but not enforced.

Yes, I worry, too.
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

twin2

I'm scared
Old 05-24-2020, 05:35 PM

I feel the same as you. A lot of people are out and about and it's clear that they are not social distancing. I think that could mean a spike in cases. On a side note, I noticed a neighbor's house today-- they had a gathering on their deck and each guest sat several feet apart and they were wearing masks. Last week at the same house they had a bigger gathering and guests were very close and did not wear masks.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 05-24-2020, 06:20 PM

I think we are pushing to open everything way too soon and I agree that we are likely to see a significant increase in the virus cases in the very near future. Things are bad here too - the beach is crazy this weekend for Memorial Day! Much of south FL has a high rate of Covid and just yesterday a very large group of people from the Miami area called it a planned invasion and descended upon our local beaches (there was even a shooting and riot like behavior) since we have been open up here for weeks. The beaches are also packed with locals. Places of business are limiting customers and encouraging social distancing but many people, probably most, are not wearing masks in public.

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Katluv

I live in the county
Old 05-24-2020, 06:28 PM

That haS the highest amount of cases on the west coast. We are in phase 1 and it looks like thatís not going to change!
Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

knitting987!

Old 05-24-2020, 09:31 PM

I heard this will last at some level for two years. It stinks because if they all get sick, my husband has no pay. So I worry too!! He is in the elective surgery business and it is not looking promising. By all your posts. We saw a care cruse downtown last Thursday. No social distancing. Hundreds maybe thousands of people on the street. Super scary and crazy. Restaurants not enforcing the tabes in downtown. Packed with people eating as always. Super crazy.
knitting987! is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 05-25-2020, 07:35 AM

I also agree with GG and Eerza. We cannot shut down the world, stay in forever and wait for a vaccine. That could take a few years. People need to get back to work and schools reopen in the fall.

I just think you have to do what you feel is right for you. If you are being cautious when you go out, great! If you want to stay in, great! It's your choice. As for those you feel are putting you at risk by not wearing a mask in the store, walk away from them. I know that my DH and I said that we wanted to go to a restaurant and it looked way overcrowded, we wouldn't go to it.

I also wonder if the #'s are going up b/c more people are being tested now and it shows they already had it?
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 05-25-2020, 08:40 AM

It doesn't bother me in a personal risk way. It bothers me in a "I'm developing less and less respect for and faith in my fellow Americans" way.

The appalling lack of empathy, logical thinking, and basic consideration on display these days is disheartening.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

MKat

Old 05-25-2020, 11:29 AM

I am very concerned about it. It does affect me what other people do. The longer we have people getting exposed the longer we will all have to be isolated. To me, it makes sense to proceed with caution, following all the suggested guidelines for the phase we are in including wearing masks and social distancing, to keep this thing at bay. IMO, people throwing caution to the wind will cause us all to be on lock down for LONGER in the long run.
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 05-25-2020, 12:37 PM

With the way people are behaving I can see a mandatory mask order here in the next month or so.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

cutecat

Old 05-25-2020, 12:48 PM

I'm worried too. The behavior of people has changed dramatically the past few weeks. I have been so careful. I have elderly parents and my husband and I are in our 50's. Yesterday, I went to the store for the first time in a week. I walked in and a guy looked at me and coughed right in my face (I was wearing a mask). Few people were wearing masks or keeping social distancing in the store which was vastly different a week ago. Everyone thinks it can't happen to them...sadly that isn't true. I have decided to take care of me and follow the social distancing guidelines. When the numbers go up, we can't be shocked and surprised. I pray for our healthcare workers who have to handle this mess.
cutecat is offline   Reply With Quote