Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Do dreams ever help you?

>

2teach2

Do dreams ever help you?
Old 06-24-2020, 12:01 PM

Have you ever had a dream that helped you figure something out? I've had this happen a few times where I woke up afterward and immediately my brain had a 'lightbulb' moment about something.

Background story: In college, I had a boyfriend for 3 years and we planned to marry after we both finished college and started our careers. Then, out of the blue he completely blindsided me by breaking up with me. He did not give a reason, just 'it's for the best'. He did have a new girlfriend suspiciously fast afterward. I don't pine over him, but I've always kind of wondered why he suddenly broke up with me. There was really no answer or closure.
Last night, I had a dream where I was breaking up with a someone for cheating on me. (Just a dream; I've been happily married for 31 years! ) When I woke up, my immediate thought was that my college boyfriend had broken up with me because he cheated on me and wanted to be with that person. It clicked when I remember a few things that happened before the breakup. Now, I don't know this to be true, but in my mind, it explained something that I have always wondered about.
Anybody else have any dream experiences?

2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 06-24-2020, 12:08 PM

Years ago Dh and I (before we were even married) were given tickets to a show for Christmas. In the hubbub of opening presents, the tickets got lost. We searched for ages but couldnít find them.

That night I dreamed they were stuck between the pages of a book, one I hadnít opened or read or used in awhile. When I woke up and looked, there they were! I still have no idea how they got there.
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 06-24-2020, 03:42 PM

Not me, but my DH does lots of tinkering and his retirement job is maintenance at the private school where I used to teach. He routinely will figure out how to fix something in his dreams....and he remembers the solution.

I rarely remember my dreams.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

Old 06-24-2020, 03:46 PM

Yes, It's stupid but not really. I was trying to figure out how to give feedback to students w/o me having to write one post it for them and then write the same exact thing for me to put in a binder. I came up with a solution in my dream.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 06-24-2020, 05:48 PM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this experience!

2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

hikinghiker

Old 06-24-2020, 07:02 PM

I never believed in dream interpretation. Growing up, I always had the same dreams/nightmares and that continued to this day. I changed my tune this year though!

This year I had to make the choice on if I wanted to change schools mid year. I was having such a hard time deciding. One night I had a dream where I kept pulling my teeth out accidentally, then pushing them back in, for the entire dream. Woke up and searched and found out that that represented a huge decision. My pulling them out and pushing them back in was indicative of my going back and forth on my decision. I'm totally a believer now that dreams can tell us things.
hikinghiker is offline   Reply With Quote