Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Do you believe in Conspiracy Theories?

>

happykids

Do you believe in Conspiracy Theories?
Old 08-04-2020, 09:41 AM

No, not the ones about JFK or Global Warming or Covid.

I am convinced there is someone/something out there planning one out right now.

I can not be alone in my house for more than 15 minutes. It has been going on all summer!
Most recently, DD and DH were going to leave town for the day together. 3 hour drive each direction and a day full of errands. DS was to be at work. NOPE-DH cancelled leaving me at home with a surly DD.

DD was suppose to leave for college on Wednesday. NOPE! Change of plans, not leaving until Saturday (I go back to school Monday)

DD is at a friendís house a good chunk of the day. NOPE! It starts to rain, so DS is home from work.

I send DH and DS out of town camping for the night. DD is going to stay at a friends house. NOPE! Home at 7 because kids are going to a too crowded place. (I know, a good decision)

AAAGH! I know it is selfish of me and some would say narrsasistic, but I am convinced it is something else.
Anyone believe in conspiracy theories now?

happykids is online now   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 08-04-2020, 10:50 AM

Yes, I do! I have similar things happen with DH. His golfing buddy is out for the rest of the year. I will miss those few hours having the house to myself. I crave just some house and me time!
Cat woman is online now   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 08-04-2020, 12:42 PM

I'm on the same page. Five years ago my spouse left his job to go back to school - which I completely supported. But I missed having summers to myself. When he was done with school the job hunt took a while, and then he ended up working from home. And it was fine... but still missed my summers. This past January he got a new job in a downtown office - YAY!!

In January, people. I did not even get spring break to myself. His building/office is not open yet so he's working from home. And after getting my hopes and dreams up... I'm still missing my summer to myself. I know it is so selfish and the most first-world problem one can have, but there it is.
pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote