Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Do you love jewelry? I have a problem..

>

Kraziant

Do you love jewelry? I have a problem..
Old 08-23-2008, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I love earrings, necklaces and bracelets..not like gold or silver. I love beads and sparkle and fashion jewelry! I love matching it to my outfits and giving it and getting it as gifts.

I just have one problem...how do I store it all? I have two boxes full of jewelry and I need a nice, easy way to store it so I am not digging through it in the morning to find the peice I want.

Any advice?

MACMama

mount it on the wall
Old 08-23-2008, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My DH made me a necklace holder out of a small oval mirror with a wood frame. He then screwed in little "J hooks" so I coul hang the necklaces.

ecsmom

Old 08-23-2008, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Why don't you put each piece in a bag and hang the bag on the clothes hanger with the outfit it matches? As for giving it as a gift, I have a gift closet with gifts already in gift bags or boxes, great for the last minute or "Oops! I forgot" gifts.

Dr. A

A Great Solution..I had the Same dilemma
Old 08-23-2008, 01:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have the same love for jewelry including silver & gold!!! . I coordinate my jewelry with every outfit I wear. I had the same dilemma until I thought of an idea last year. I purchased two accessory hooks (the kind you can use for belts, keys, etc.)from K-Mart. Then, I attached them to my closet wall. Now, my necklaces can hang on the hooks (about 8 per hook-6 hooks total). It is so easy to view & select the necklaces each morning. For my bracelets, I have them laid out on 3 mirrored trays. If you try it let me know!

conniere06

Omg
Old 08-23-2008, 01:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was just discussing this with my husband while seeing him in the hospital. Last week he was such a sweetie and separated all my earrings into pairs. Now they are all over my bureau. One of our dogs thinks they are neat, too. She keeps grabbing and wants to eat them. Anyway, I am going to the earring shop tomorrow to try and buy one of those things that has holes in them to display on the bureau. I am going to try that and if that doesn't work I am going to try what the other posters suggested. I want to buy one of those fake hands to hold my rings, also. I saw a couple of them in the hospital gift shop for $7.00. Have you seen them? They are kind of neat.
I also have one of those tall standing jewelry boxes, with drawers,etc. It is great, as it has hooks in doors on the sides for my necklaces. There are also drawers for my bracelets. But I have to put all my earrings somewhere else.

Last edited by conniere06; 08-23-2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Additional info

laughoften

Old 08-23-2008, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I wish I could be like all of you and take the time to coordinate my jewelry with my outfits! I always wear the same hoop earrings and diamond earrings. Nothing else. Jewelry might make me look more sophisticated but I just don't have the time or desire to do what you all do! I envy you

Kraziant

An idea...
Old 08-23-2008, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I just called a friend and mentioned this to her and she gave me a neat idea. She said she bought a shoe organizer and hung it on the back of her bedroom door. This is where she keeps all her necklaces and bracelets. She puts similiar colors in each slot and keeps all her earrings in a jewelry box.

I may try this..I am not sure yet. Thanks for ideas! I will have to see where I have the most space to come up with something.

mhb6108

Another idea
Old 08-23-2008, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use the towel holders from Ikea (2.99?) and I have them hanging all around my laundry room. If you don't have an Ikea around another simple solution for the necklaces and bracelets is to get cabinet knobs from Lowes or Home Depot and screw them in the wall or a small piece of wood.

Last edited by mhb6108; 08-23-2008 at 07:01 PM..
dkd1173

dkd1173

Old 08-23-2008, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

A friend of mine put egg cartons cut in half (just the part with holes) in her dresser drawers to store earrings. Cheap and easy! That wouldn't work for necklaces though. I have a jewelry armoire my parents gave me. It has drawers for earrings and bracelets and a door on either side that opens up with hooks for necklaces. There's also a lid that opens on top with storage for rings inside. Each drawer has separated boxes in it. Before that I had a plastic organizer that hung on the wall - it had hooks for necklaces on the bottom. If you really have a lot of jewelry, you may want to look into a nice jewelry box or armoire to store it all. I rarely have to search for anything, unless my earrings get mixed up.

Ima Teacher

Old 08-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I bought an old multi-compartment jewelry box at a thrift store. It was ugly, but the inside had tons of space and was in good shape. I put a faux finish on it, and it looks great. I actually have two of them . . . one small and one large. The smaller one has all my "good stuff" in it, and the big one is the fashion pieces.

I hang my necklaces on a wooden rack thing . . . maybe for crying clothes? It's expandable, had several pegs, and screws to the wall. I've got close to 80 necklaces on it, and they don't tangle.

starfish92

I use
Old 08-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

plastic storage boxes that I got at lowes--they are the thin ones that people use for embroidery (sp) floss (but my husband says they are for small screws or fishing tackle). Anyway they have plastic removable partitions that I can arrange any way I need for necklaces. I have also put my earings on index card slivers that keep the pairs together--I am forever missing one earring--and that takes care of that!

Bulldogmom

I love jewelry!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I have the same problem, too much jewelry!!!! Last summer I bought a shoe holder that hangs. I hung it on the inside of my closet door, and it is perfect to store my jewelry. It is really handy when I open my closet door to get my jewelry!!!!!

Bethany

Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Okay, I am such a visual learner...can anyone PLEASE post a picture of their organized jewelry collection? I am having the same problem as the OP and I can never find a way to organize all my many pieces of jewelry, so I would love to see the way some of you have it organized.

Pretty Please??

Kraziant

Bethany..
Old 08-24-2008, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I haven't done this yet but I think it may be the cheapest and easiest way to go. Just imagine this without the shoes in it and with necklaces and bracelets in each hole. It's clear so it will be easy to see and I am thinking I can put similiar colors in each hole and be able to fit all I have plus some..guess that means I will have room to buy more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shoe organizer.jpg (8.8 KB, 19 views)

Bethany

Thanks Kraziant...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Thanks for posting a pic. It seems like that might work, except my problem now is that my necklaces get so tangled up and I would be afraid of it happening again in the clear slots. I don't know...I think I have the same problem....too much jewelry!

Azure

necklaces
Old 08-24-2008, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I use a neck tie holder for my necklaces. I have it hanging up on the wall behind my bedroom door. It hold lots. I am thinking of getting another one also. Earrings are still a problem. My mom and friend keeps their earrings on the carboard cards. At least that way the pairs are together. I have thought about doing that but clipping a slit from the hole to the top of the card so I can just slide the earrings on and off the cards and not have to undo them.

Kraziant

Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I think to avoid tangling in the clear slots I am going to put each necklace inside a baggie so it's not actually touching the others.

Zilly

An option for earrings
Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

It sounds like you've figured out a solution but here's another option for anyone who might be interested. Make an earring holder out of mesh and an old picture frame. Here's an example for those who need a visual:

www.instructables.com/id/Earring-Holder/

Google earring holder mesh frame for more examples.