Help

First Grade

cheapest plastic bins?

>

lizzys

cheapest plastic bins?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have tables in my room rather than desks so I need to buy plastic bins or something llike that for students to put their books and things in. Does anyone know where I can perhaps get a deal on these because I have to purchase 28 of them. Does anyone have another suggestion of something I can use instead? Thanks!

lizzys is offline   Reply With Quote

SeaTeacher

plastic basins
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A coworker of mine used plastic basins for each student. They put their materials in them and then kept them on the shelf under the seat of their chair. I have basins per table for different materials instead of per student. I got mine at the Dollar Tree store.
SeaTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

PaulaK

bins
Old 08-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm always a fan of the Dollar General. They have the heavy Sterlite ones that work great and are a dollar or two
PaulaK is offline   Reply With Quote

labbymom

Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I also have one large bin at my kids' tables for their needed supplies. I got mine from Wal-mart last year. They have similar ones this year in their college/back to school section. They are large enough that my kids keep their pencils, scissors, small white boards and dry erase markers, and a 1/2notebook in them. I also have seat sacks for their notebooks
labbymom is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherlass

10 qt plastic dishpans
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm not sure if you have a Dollar Tree store near you, but they have $1 black plastic dishpans. I love them! I use them for my centers supplies. I even bought a bunch for my son to use for all of his Lego pieces! I think they're the perfect size for supplies, and they are only $1 each. If you go to their website, you can by 24 for $24. I have about 10 in my room. Maybe you can order them with another teacher in case you don't need 24 for your room.

teacherlass is offline   Reply With Quote

teach/mom1st

dollar general
Old 08-05-2010, 05:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Years ago, when I taught kindergarten, I had more kids than cubbies one year. I bought the dish pans that dollar general sells for a couple of dollars. I put them on top of cubbies for students to store supplies in and for me to pass out their papers. We used them all year without any problems and for a couple of years after that. 7 years later, I still have those bins and I use them for classroom library books. They hold up well.

I have used several different kinds from dollar tree. Some have lasted longer than others. But, I don't have experience using any of them longer than a couple of years.
teach/mom1st is offline   Reply With Quote