Help

The VENT

Surgery

>

rlyndecker

Surgery
Old 11-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

First off can I just say that I am SOOOO sick of surgery??? I have had way too many and none were "elective". Each one tends to make me feel better for a short amount of time but right now I just had surgery: ablation and mymectomy (I think). The good news is it was outpatient so I was able to come home quick. I do have some major cramping (but the Dr. said about a week & it's only been 3 days) The surgery was Tue., so as predicted I spent most of Tue. in bed, Wed. off and on except I went to the urgent care because my glands were HUGE and my throat was killing me! So the Dr. says I have an ear infection!

Please someone explain to me how I can get an ear infection--I haven't been around my students since Fri., before I went in for surgery I didn't have swollen glands or sore throat!

Anyway, now I have managed to miss hanging out with people, although I did go to dinner tonight and I kind of want to go to work and get some stuff done but am afraid it will make me worse!

The real vent is I am so sick of being sick and missing important things/things I want to do!

Thanks for reading!

rlyndecker is offline   Reply With Quote

3drummers

Old 11-26-2011, 02:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm sorry you are feeling so yucky. If you are talking about endometrial ablation, I had that over a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did.
You could easily get an ear infection as I bet the stress on your system from the anesthesia and surgery could let some little germies you were harboring have a little fun at your expense.
Since they know its an ear infection you should have been given some antibiotics to fight it off, and be feeling much better soon.
One of my kiddoes recently had mono but the drs didn't catch it first and thought it was something else. So if you don't get relief soon, go back.
Rest and you should feel much better after the weekend.
3drummers is offline   Reply With Quote