BusyBoard

Class Dojo Rewards

>

beachbumteach

Class Dojo Rewards
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,
I started using Class Dojo this week and the kids are loving it (fourth and fifth graders).

I have been searching for ideas on what to do with the points. Do you start over each week with points or do you continue to accumulate them? What rewards do you use for points? I am thinking of rewarding the TOP 3-5 students each week with small rewards that they can choose from. I also am thinking about having a bigger reward (ie. popcorn/movie party) for students at the end of each grading period who accumulate a certain number of points. What do all of you do??? Thanks for any suggestions!

beachbumteach is offline   Reply With Quote

happykids

Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am with younger kids, but do whole class rewards. If I really need it, we do teams (tables) and those with the most points line up first or get to leave for recess first. Very motivating!
happykids is offline   Reply With Quote

3drummers

Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've been using Class Dojo for a little over a year. My kids love it! I reset the running points to zero every day to get a clean start but the program keeps a tally for reports for the entire year.
With a clean start every day, it helps me remember to watch for checking in on everyone and not just the ones who are more animated.

I have some virtual badges they earned on out Edmodo accounts that they really loved. the badges look like like colored martial arts belts.

I also totaled their points for a month and did a little class store once a month. They buy new pencils and some other stuff I have. (I make them buy their yellow pencils and I have labels they can put their name on. I found they treat them better and don't destroy the erasers as fast that way.
3drummers is offline   Reply With Quote

ltmiller22

I start over each week...
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

and each student needs to reach 10 by Friday to get the reward. My class is all about food, so I bring in cookies or donuts or something sweet Mondays for those that earned the points. I teach fifth, so food is a great motivator. The only thing I don't like is that I'm spending money each week...
ltmiller22 is offline   Reply With Quote

teapot

I start over at the end of each month
Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My second graders earn coupons for prizes such as sit by a friend, extra recess, invite a friend from another class for inside recess, extra time on the computer, read to the principal etc. I have a list of things that do not cost me any money.

teapot is offline   Reply With Quote

beachbumteach

My Rewards
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This is what I'm thinking about using, but I'd like any feedback from anyone who has been using the system for awhile. I just started dojo this past week and love it. I was going to keep a running tally for the grading period (9 weeks). I teach fourth and fifth grade. I tend to rewards points ALOT througout the day so I think it should be easy for MOST students to accumulate the points. Thanks for any feedback or suggestions for rewards.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf vensko dojo rewards.pdf (199.9 KB, 341 views)
beachbumteach is offline   Reply With Quote

pickeringa

Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I do table point system (I have table groups of 4 & 30 students) and at the end of the week (or 2 weeks, sometimes) the table with the most points gets to sit on cozy seat cushions for the next week. Another prize I've done is eating lunch with me on Friday. They looooove both these!
pickeringa is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 01-05-2013, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I reset to zero every week. At the end of the week my kids get a 15 min free computer pass. It can be used anytime I am not teaching. The kids love it and it costs me no money.
love_to_learn is online now   Reply With Quote