Help

Sixth Grade

Collections

>

kmob

Collections
Old 07-28-2015, 05:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone use the Collections series in their school? I will be working in a new district and this is the new program the entire district is switching to, wondering if anyone has any pointers or suggestions to help make the transition to this program go smoothly. TIA

kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

sportzqt512

Collections Advice
Old 08-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use Collections at my school. Last year was our first year using it. What I learned was to pick and choose the stories you want to use. It was so overwhelming having this new textbook thrown at us and the pressure to try and use all the stories following the scoping sequence. That was not at all possible. We finally got someone from our district, who is in charge of implementing the textbook, to come help my department with the pacing. She helped us pick and choose which stories were necessary and which were just supplemental. Always use the anchor texts and then go from there. Hope this helps!
sportzqt512 is offline   Reply With Quote

acheese89

Old 08-05-2015, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I posted a similar question recently, as I will be using Collections for the first time this year also. We are also getting the online text books rather than print, and devices for the students to use. It will be a whole new experience. I'm excited about the interactive smartboard lessons, the video links, close reading samples, etc. Like you both, I am concerned about getting it all in. Someone in another thread advised me to choose 4 of the Collections because that was all her school could get in during the year. I'll be watching for more input on this question. Thanks for posting.
acheese89 is offline   Reply With Quote