Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Never Again

>

mhugs

Never Again
Old 10-25-2016, 06:03 AM

I will need to be unconscious or bleeding with a 6 inch gash before I enter the door of an ER again. Good news not blood clots or kidney stones. After seeing me for 2 minutes they DR decided it was sluggish bowels due toopioid use. Yes I have a Tramadol RX but I haven't taken any. Last time was a year ago after dental surgery. Now I probably have the "Crazy Lady" and "Druggie" tag on my chart.
Did get to talk to 1st grade boy in the waiting room. His mom was stressed/hurting and dad was on phone trying to find where van was towed with his work stuff. They were hit by drunk driver. Saw mom as I was leaving at 4am. Son had been admitted and the pediatric. Nurses were sending her down to be reevaluated. She thanked me for caring. (once a teacher always a teacher).
Save

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-25-2016, 06:35 AM

Can you explore other options? We have had only the most professional of treatment in ER. Yes, there was waiting, but that's the nature of the ER beast, right?

In June, DH spent a day in ER because they did quite a bit of testing and then, when it was decided to admit him to the hospital, there was a wait for a hospital room. But he was always treated professionally and kindly.

On Friday, I spent half a day in ER because of a fall. After testing (including a CATscan ), I went home. I was also treated professionally and with great kindness.

Maybe it's the ER you went to and you would be more successful in another ER???
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

I think maybe you should
Old 10-25-2016, 07:40 AM

explore other options. Is you regular doctor on call? Is there a place, we call them Doctor's In or emerge care in your area? Here several have opened and serve the public and take all of the medical insurances.
I have had to go to the ER at the hospital several times and always got the best of care. The only negative outcome was the bill! Thank goodness for good medical insurance.
I am so sorry you had such unprofessional treatment. Maybe a letter to the hospital administration would be helpful to others. In my area hospitals have changed to be more like businesses and are in competition with each other. There is a down side to that, but there have been changes for the better too as they strive to please the patients more.
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

Seaturtle08

We can be crazy friends!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:43 AM

I'm glad they didn't find anything serious, but that's not much help when you feel like they didn't actually look for the problem in the first place.

On the other hand, it was suggested last Sunday that I was "drug seeking" when I went to a different er with the same severe pain (you know the story on that!). So we can be crazy pals When I finally gave in and headed back to the ER on Thursday after being discharged on Wednesday, I brought the Vicoden I'd been prescribed with me- full bottle, still stapled in the pharmacy bag. Cause I was anxious about that happening again and felt the need to "prove" that I didn't just want drugs.
Seaturtle08 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 PM

Bless you for being there for them and having such a positive effect on that family when they needed you most!

Why in the world did the doctor decide it was that? You weren't taking anything right now!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote