Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Pregnant with no appetite?

>

GoldenGirl81

Pregnant with no appetite?
Old 02-12-2018, 04:16 PM

Hi! I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I haven't been able to do much for awhile. I will be 12 weeks pregnant with twins on Wednesday, and although I'm thrilled about it, I've been miserable! My morning sickness started around 5 weeks. My doctor has me taking diclegis which helps with keeping me from throwing up, but I still get nausea all day. It is worse when I don't eat, but the problem is I have absolutely no appetite. I hear others talking about pregnancy cravings, I don't crave anything. The thought of eating most of the time makes me nausous. I have trouble with drinking water and even taking my prenatal vitamin some days. My dr doesn't seem concerned as she says I'm not losing weight and just wants me to add in some zofran. I've taken the zonfran on the days the nausea is really bad, and it helps, but not a lot, and I don't want to take it more often since there's mixed reviews on whether it causes birth defects.

Oh, and the few times I do have an appetite for certain things, it's like once I've eaten it a few times, I can't eat it anymore. Like last week I was able to eat chef boyardee beefaronis for a few days, but now the thought of them makes me sick. So the regular morning sickness remedies of crackers and ginger ale no longer work for me because now they make me sick.

So for the tl;dr crew, I get nauseous when I'm hungry, but I'm always hungry because I have no appetite. Did anyone else have this while pregnant? What did you do? Help!

GoldenGirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote

h0kie

That was my only morning sickness symptom
Old 02-12-2018, 04:33 PM

Yep, for about 3 months I completely lost my appetite. Nothing sounded good. DH finally got to the point where he'd ask me what I would eat instead of what sounded good. You just have to ride it out. I ate small meals so I'd just nibble something and then move on.

Feel better!
h0kie is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 02-12-2018, 05:04 PM

I was like that, too. Everything made me sick and I was never hungry. Dry granola helped for a while. My appetite came back around month 4-5 with a vengeance. I hope you are feeling up to eating soon!

Congrats on your blessings!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

cheerio

Old 02-12-2018, 05:30 PM

I'm 5 weeks and feel the same. As annoying as it is try to eat small snacks every hour. That's what helped w my first pregnancy and that's what is helping now.
Some of my choices are :
Goldfish crackers
Cheese sticks
Cereal
Mandarin orange fruit cups
Yogurt
Toast
Popcorn
Tostitos
I feel better when I eat even if I didn't initially want to.
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sprite

Old 02-12-2018, 06:10 PM

Have you tired the pressure bands ?

Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

Truman'sMom

Old 02-12-2018, 06:21 PM

My first trimester I lived on blueberry nutrigrain bars. It was all I could stomach. I didn't realize how bad it was until my oldest commented that he wanted one for breakfast, but couldn't have it because it is only for when you're sick.

Now I have a spunky one year old and I can't touch the things!
Truman'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 02-12-2018, 07:49 PM

I was like this too, until about 18 weeks when the nausea subsided a bit. You have to force yourself to eat little meals, whatever you can stomach. Try not to worry too much about whether itís a ďbalanced mealĒ or not. I ate a lot of bland breads: crackers, toast, rolls, etc.

What helped me the most with my nausea was sniffing a lemon. Sounds weird but it worked. I literally had a lemon, sliced in half, in my hand while I was teaching. Iíd smell it every few minutes and it kept me going!
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 02-12-2018, 08:24 PM

That is exactly how I felt the first time around! Everyone is different, but finally I found that plain vanilla ice-cream worked for me. When I couldn't keep anything else down, that or a vanilla milk shake would work. By about 14 weeks or so I felt much better. Most pregnant woman do not experience cravings until the 2nd or 3rd trimester, and some never do.

CONGRATULATIONS x2!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Spedtcher

Old 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM

I felt like that with #2, the only thing I could eat was papaya....now 15 years later, I really donít like papaya my dr wasnít concerned either since I didnít lose too much weight.

I never got cravings until after the baby was born. With all 3 I had nursing cravings- no one had warned me about that! Now that my kids are pre-teen, teen, and early adult, I get alcohol cravings
Ima Spedtcher is offline   Reply With Quote

time4class

Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 AM

My go to meal was chicken noodle cup of soup and plain soda crackers. I hope you feel better soon!

time4class is offline   Reply With Quote

cpbirch

Old 02-13-2018, 08:46 AM

I can sympathize with you. Was sick for each of my three kids. Longer with each one! Great dieting technique Lived on Rolaids. Doc said they were fine because they had a lot of calcium!! Left the hospital in regular clothes, in fact my regular jeans were too big! Everyone's pregnancy is different. As long as the babes are growing, don't worry. I told my hubs that since I was sick with each one, then I paid my dues and deserved easy deliveries. That was true until my last bruiser (9 lbs. 9oz.)
cpbirch is offline   Reply With Quote

techgrad

Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 AM

Yay for twins! Iím a twin momma and yes I had zero appetite while pregnant. I blame it on one of them being if my stomach at all times. I did eat because I knew I needed to.

I actually lost weight while preganant. But was still healthy- I have plenty to lose.

Focus on eating proteins and smaller meals throughout the day. Take our vitamins at night, that helps with the morning sickness. But I never had any.
techgrad is offline   Reply With Quote

JDprek

Old 02-13-2018, 04:09 PM

When I was pregnant with my oldest I lost 20 in the first 5 months because I couldnít eat. Everything made me sick to my stomach, it was awful. I saw my midwife who gave me until we returned from vacation to start putting on some weight or she said sheíd have to hospitalize me. We went on vacation and my appetite came back with a vengeance. I put on about 10 pounds in just over a week 😲. I saw my midwife again and she was happy to see that I had finally started to gain but told me to slow down, lol. Isnít pregnancy fun?!? 😀 I bet your appetite will make a reappearance very soon. I wish you the best of luck for a happy healthy pregnancy.
JDprek is offline   Reply With Quote