Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

hair color question

>

mom23kids

hair color question
Old 12-22-2019, 06:27 AM

I get my hair highlighted and it takes forever with all those foils. It's very light blonde. So yesterday I asked my hairdresser if I can just get a one process (she gives me so many highlights that it looks like a one process) She said no that it would come out orangey. Why can't she just use the same stuff on a one process so it comes out exactly the same as a highlight? (I didn't ask her that). Why would that be though?? TIA

mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 12-22-2019, 06:52 AM

I have a lot of grey. I now get a few foils with a single process color for the rest of the hair to touch up the roots. The single process color is my original color of dark blonde. It’s cheaper and looks so much nicer because my hair has several blonde shades. I had the same problem. My stylist was adding more foils as the gray came in all over. She then recommended the single process. It’s so much nicer and not as time consuming as foils.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

I donít get foils
Old 12-22-2019, 07:27 AM

Iíve had foils and they are expensive and take so long. I now do a root touch up and she pulls the color through at the last 5 minutes. I get compliments on my hair even by my neighbor who is a hairdresser. My hair is a darker blonde. I color my hair to cover up the gray.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Old 12-22-2019, 09:17 AM

My hairdresser just combs the color through. That way, I get varying coverage and lots of "highlights". She uses a very wide tooth comb. Covers the gray and looks natural. Mine's a darker blonde now, but in the summer she goes a little lighter.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote