Rome recommendations for Air BNB? or location? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Rome recommendations for Air BNB? or location?

>

deb603

Rome recommendations for Air BNB? or location?
Old 01-18-2020, 01:24 PM

Trying to look for a place to stay in Rome for 3 so I need 2 bedrooms. I want to be close to most things, so centrally located. I'm just not sure which "neighborhood" to look into. Anyone have any recommendations for places to stay there?

deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 01-18-2020, 01:42 PM

Ooh, yes. Lemme double-check but we did an AirBnB place last summer in Rome. It was two bedrooms because it was me and my DD and my Dad and I. We were located not too far from the railroad station. I was a little hesitant about the neighborhood but it was great and centrally located, easy access to tourist attractions, the RR station and plenty of restaurants.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

We stayed at a nunnery
Old 01-18-2020, 02:46 PM

It was inexpensive and very close to the Coliseum. It was spartan but comfortable, with a private bath and breakfast included. You could hear the Nuns singing in the evening. It was very secure. The only downside was a requirement to be in by 10:00. I didn't think this would be an issue, because we are not night owls, but it was close a time or two.
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 01-18-2020, 02:49 PM

We stayed at a Best Western. It was decent. Served it's purpose, was clean, and in a decent location from the "action".

Best Western Hotel Astrid
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 01-18-2020, 03:43 PM

I will look and see if I can find our AirBnb booking. We stayed in a neighborhood, away from touristy areas, but still close to the Metro. It gave us a whole different perspective on Rome, shopping where locals shop, commuting with them, etc.

It was through a lovely man who bought his daughter and her husband a duplex; they lived in one and the other was the AirBnb. They were right next to us if we had any issues. It was our favorite part of our week in Rome.

I can't find where we stayed, but I started scrolling through and I would stay here in a heartbeat!

LINK

Last edited by Zia; 01-18-2020 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Added info
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 01-18-2020, 04:52 PM

Here's a link to the place we stayed at!
https://www.vrbo.com/8734377ha
(I can't seem to get it to work in the link but if you'll copy and paste it should work.) It's listed as $263 per night but can be had less expensively through TripAdvisor, I think. It's conveniently located to a number of great restaurants and tourist sites and across the street from a grocery shop.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

Vrbo
Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 PM

DH and I were in Rome last May and stayed 5 days in a VRBO. We stayed in the most awesome and very modern condo just east of the pyramid of Caius Cestius. The condo was ridiculously inexpensive (<US $ 100), and located in a 250 year old building. The owner had a bottle of wine and a big box of tiny pastries waiting for us.
I don't remember the name of the neighborhood, but the owner of the condo was very proud that it was one of the oldest neighborhoods within the Roman city walls. It was wonderful because it was really a neighborhood with mostly locals who shopped locally and hung out together on the plaza every day around noon and again in the late afternoon.

I purposely chose a place away from the central area because I wanted to be in a quiet area away from the tourist scene. We walked or took the metro every day to different sites.
cvt is online now   Reply With Quote

deb603

wow
Old 01-19-2020, 06:30 AM

Awesome! Thank you so much for the recommendations. I want to stay at all of them, lol! I never thought to look at trip advisor for Air BnB, great idea! Any more recommendations would be lovely.
I'm sure I'll be back asking about tours
deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote