Help

BusyBoard

Loading videos

>

Riding4Him

Loading videos
Old 04-13-2020, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For online learning we've been instructed to use our class FB page and upload videos for math and reading daily. The problem is I live in a rural area and my internet speed is not great. I can do a FB live and I can video tape my lessons but when I try to upload onto FB it can take hours! I tried going to my church parking lot which works sometimes but not always. I'm now at my school parking lot that not always open to load videos that my parents are waiting for. Any ideas how I can get around this or that I can speed up the time? Thanks,

Riding4Him is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Library
Old 04-13-2020, 11:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Libraries around me have increased their internet. Many people park in their lots and use the internet.
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Videos
Old 04-13-2020, 12:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Before uploading, download them as 480p. After I record, thatís one of the options when I save to my desktop. Then I upload the video and since itís smaller it takes less time. We use QuickTime to record, of that helps.
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

prechrswife

Old 04-13-2020, 12:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My husband, in the process of uploading our church services, etc. has discovered that it takes much longer to upload a video to FB than to YouTube. Could you upload to YouTube, then link to Facebook?
prechrswife is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Not encouraging...
Old 04-13-2020, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This is a problem that few are acknowledging--in rural areas, there is limited bandwidth. You can't simply take the classroom experience and put it online--in addition to the problem you're encountering, it's lousy education. While it too has it's problems and limitations, the Kahn University Model is a good start. We need to blend technologies. In our district, paper packets are being delivered (along with lunches) to students using bus routes. Kids can take photos of completed work and email them... or leave them out for pickup on the next delivery.

In addition to the suggestions already posted, I would add, keep your videos short and targeted. Have a laser focus on objectives. You might also try start/stop where you give an instruction, then they stop the video until they've completed the activity--that will keep your video's shorter.

MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Riding4Him

Thank you
Old 04-14-2020, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks for the ideas. Today I just did a live feed and posted that. I didn't think about the libraries. I keep trying.
Riding4Him is offline   Reply With Quote