Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Consequences of shelter in place...

>

Janylynne

Consequences of shelter in place...
Old 05-12-2020, 08:38 PM

I was supposed to go in for serious dental work on March 17. My appointment was cancelled. I was worried about it, but my dentist said I could wait a while.

So, Iíve waited. Now, several teeth are hurting and one suddenly looks a little dark! Iím worried about it now. Is it dying?

Iíll call Wed for an emergency appointment. Iím worried I will lose a tooth! Or have to pay even more money than I had planned to fix things.

I know the virus is serious. But staying home and having everything closed has many negative consequences for many people.

Iím lucky, though. My DH is still working and Iím getting paid, so we can afford dental work. I feel for those out of work who arenít earning a living.

Janylynne is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I am sorry for your dental issues
Old 05-12-2020, 08:45 PM

I hope you can get care quickly and safely. Good luck!
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

Risa

They're taking all precautions
Old 05-12-2020, 08:52 PM

I have a friend who needed a root canal a few weeks ago. He went in, got the treatment he needed, and has been fine since then. He said, as others here have stated, that they took lots of precautions and he felt very safe while there.
Hopefully you'll be able to get in there quickly and report back that all went well!
Risa is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 05-12-2020, 09:09 PM

I hope its not as serious nor as expensive as it feels! Let us know if they are able to get you in!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is online now   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 05-13-2020, 04:37 AM

Hopefully more people will get help from the government due to their loss of work. I'm glad your dentist is open for emergency care. Good luck with your teeth. I'd go in for serious dental work too.

anna is online now   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Dark tooth
Old 05-13-2020, 04:58 AM

That is what happened to mine and it needed a root canal. That is done but I need a crown but that is not considered an emergency. It has been weeks since root canal. Go to an endodontist...all they do are root canals. Mine was painless, except for the cost!! A root canal is considered an emergency so you should be able to get it done.
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

I understand...
Old 05-13-2020, 05:01 AM

I hope you can get in to see your dentist soon.

I never miss my mammogram. In March, I had an appointment right when things started to ramp up. I had personally weighed the risks and was going to go. They called that Friday to confirm. On Sunday, they called to cancel the appointment. They said they would call to reschedule. I have been waiting. Last week, when another friend had her appointment rescheduled at another place, I called. Got a recording all mammograms were cancelled. Another friend goes to a different place and was rescheduled for late July. My place is great, mammographies are all they do and they read them right there, and I have been going there for years, but this virus has been complicating other health appointments.

I also had my bloodwork cancelled in April, but I was okay with that decision. I would have had to go back to meet with my doctor, and I would not have wanted to go in twice.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 05-13-2020, 05:15 AM

I am being very careful, but I would definitely see my dentist for an emergency like yours. Iím sure your dentist is taking precautions, just as you are. Good luck, Iíll be thinking of you.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Miss Binney

Old 05-13-2020, 06:08 AM

I was supposed to have a crown done in early April and that appointment was cancelled as well. For me, the dentist is actually somewhere I would feel completely comfortable going right now. They always wear protective equipment when I'm seen, everything is sterilized, etc. I understand putting off things like cleanings and check-ups, but I also worry that I could end up needing additional work because of the delays.
Miss Binney is online now   Reply With Quote

eeza

consequences of lockdown
Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM

I think that there will be a lot of ramifications beyond the virus that will occur in the coming months and years. In terms of medical procedures and such, I think that people are not getting treatment right now or are forgoing routine care which will affect them in the future. For example, how many cancers are not being caught?

eeza is offline   Reply With Quote

Janylynne

Fixed... for now...
Old 05-14-2020, 11:04 AM

My gums were inflames so dentist cleaned them and squirted some sort of anti bacterial goo, so I feel better. But, I still need to get all the work done Iíve put off as soon as possible.

Plus... I am in desperate need of a new pair of sneakers! My back is killing me because all my shoes are broken down. I need New Balance, double wides. Maybe Walmart or Target has some? But Iíd rather my regular store was open. I donít think I could buy a good enough pair online, since my feet are weird.

Iím sure others are just like me. We need everything to open up!
Janylynne is offline   Reply With Quote