Retired Teachers

About where I live...

>

EdfromBama

About where I live...
Old 06-02-2020, 02:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Good morning to all-

Perhaps this has been dealt with on this forum before, but if so, I've missed it. I'm a curious sort of person, and I wonder about the places where our members live. would you all mind sharing a little about where you live?

I'll start.

Hello, I'm Ed. My wife and daughter and I live in southernmost Alabama in a small house which used to be out in the country- but we're getting lots of neighbors now. We are 25 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Our property has live oaks, pecan trees, sweet gum trees, and mixed rampant undergrowth which we try to keep in control.
We grow a big garden year-round, we have blueberry bushes and citrus trees. We have many, many birds of several kinds, and we often see eagles fly over. We have lizards and snakes in abundance, and we still see deer late at night in the yard.
Summers are warm and very humid. winters are short, mild, and gentle.
Our weather would be just about perfect except for the occasional hurricane which makes life difficult.

How about you all?

good day to you- Ed

EdfromBama is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Residence
Old 06-02-2020, 04:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ed's place seemed so ideal until he got to the SNAKE part.

My husband and I live in a small city 112,000 people in southern NH. Our home sits on a hill that gives us a panoramic view south of the city. The neighborhood was developed in the early 1950's on what was blueberry bushes, oak trees, and an abundance of granite outcroppings. We experience the four seasons. Long, cold, snowy winters, warm and somewhat humid summers, crisp falls and long awaited springs.We do have beautiful fall foliage season where people from all over the world come to see the trees. Wildlife include the usual squirrels, chipmunks, opossums, skunks, and yes an occasional dear. A 45 minute drive can take you into the mountains, to the Atlantic Ocean, or into Boston MA.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Our house
Old 06-02-2020, 05:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Is a Victorian reproduction. We have an acre of land covered with oaks, red maples, flower gardens, and vegetable garden too. Our neighborhood is very close. Both our next door and across the street neighbors have grown children. Very few littles in our hood, they have all grown up since we moved in 22 years ago. We live about 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. We have a slip at a marina about 3 minutes away. We while away the hours in summer anchored somewhere in Point Judith Pond. We occasionally head to our town beach. Our town is small, approximately 25,000 people but it is spread over much land. It is the largest town in our tiny state, but people live spread apart. There is a small downtown with groceries, restaurants and shops. My sister lives in this neighborhood too. We just love our neighbors...all are caring and kind. Many have helped us with projects. Our immediate neighbor works for habitat for humanity, he is retired, and he knows how to do just about anything! Most of us are in the grandparent phase now. Our house is 2,500 square feet so we would like something smaller but we have not found the right fit yet! There is plenty of wildlife...skunks, bobcats, Fischer cats, turkeys, even black bears. We just love to sit on our covered front porch at night and greet the neighbors!
juliet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 06-02-2020, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What a fun thread, thanks, Ed. I love expanding my images of you all.

I live in a Southern California beach community and every day I think I won the grand lottery of hometowns. The weather is perfect for me with a year round average temperature of 72 (I dislike heat and humidity), there are many choices for activities, and we are enriched by the presence of a nearby Naval base and renowned zoo, amazing tech companies, and a respected campus of the University of California. I walk daily and see small shops, a lovely bay, surfers, some spectacular homes, coastal views, friendly people, and best of all, the grand Pacific Ocean. My condo is perfect for me now that I live alone. I think of DH every day and often feel him looking over my shoulder and smiling as I look out to sea.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 06-02-2020, 07:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am in west central NH. I live in a small town founded in 1761 that was a mill town from the early 1800s till the mid 1970s. The town is laid out along the river and the railroad (which is now a rail trail for walking, biking, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling). There was a large settlement of Shakers on the shores of the lake from 1793-1923. After the Shakers left, they sold their property to the Catholic LaSalette priests, who operated a minor seminary on the site for 50 years. Currently part of that site is a Shaker museum, and the rest is the LaSalette Shrine.

I live in town, but have wooded property on a small tributary of the river, close to the rail trail. Mill workers used to live in my neighborhood, and many of those families remain. I’m a “flatlander” who moved here only 35 years ago. Because of the woods and the river, we have lots of wildlife...deer, bear, woodchucks, skunks, fox, and even some coyotes and wildcats. Birdwatching here is amazing. Eagles, loons, geese, ducks, blue jays, cardinals, goldfinches, redwing blackbirds, and lots of little finches, warblers, and hummingbirds.

Mhugs described the weather, so I won’t repeat that...I will just say that lilacs and apple trees are blooming right now, rhubarb and asparagus are being harvested, and the seeds in my vegetable garden have all sprouted. As of Memorial Day we are no longer in danger of frost, although we had snow just 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by lisa53; 06-02-2020 at 07:46 AM..
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Where I live
Old 06-02-2020, 07:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Great idea, Ed.

I live in a suburb just south of San Francisco, CA. Tree lined streets, lawns, children, dogs and abundant sunshine. 30+ years ago there were 21 children on the one block and they played in the street and were in and out of everyone’s homes. Today, a few toddlers and no one plays in the street.

But, the weather is perfect 90% of the time. We have an ocassional heat wave, but it’s a trade off for the rest of the year.

We are 20-30 minutes from the coast and same if we want to go to redwood forests. Best of all worlds.
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Where I live...
Old 06-02-2020, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I live in a town in northern NJ. We are about 25 miles from New York City, so there are a lot of people who work there and commute. We are a crowded area and NJ is the most densely populated state in the country. Lots of traffic, which isn't fun.

This is an area where you can pretty much get anything you want. We have great stores and restaurants with all types of foods. We are known for our diners.

We are about an hour from the nearest shore town, and many people enjoy going "down the shore" for the day or have beach homes there. This year, because of Covid-19, there are lots of restrictions. I had hoped to take a whale watching trip and usually get to the shore a few times during the year, but this year I probably won't be going.

We are the home of the Jets and Giants football teams, and the other metropolitan area sports teams are popular. I love the Mets and in a normal year, would cross the river to see them several times during the season.

My town used to have lot of farmland with corn and strawberry fields. Now, not so much. What I do like is that I have discovered some wonderful farmers markets. In a normal year, I don't mind traveling as long as an hour away in search of fresh, local fruits and vegetables. There are lots of choices. I wish my town had a farmers market, but it doesn't.

We have some wonderful county parks that people love to hike and walk in. They are popular with dog owners, as well.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

DSLBUG

Where I live
Old 06-02-2020, 11:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I live in north central Montana in an area known at the Hi-Line. My town is a bit less than 9,000 and is 40 miles from the Canadian border. We have long cold, snowy winters, short spring, summer and fall. The weather can change dramatically in a few hours. Dry land wheat farms, cattle ranches, BNSF railroad and our local hospital are major businesses/employment.
DSLBUG is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 06-02-2020, 01:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm from south Texas near the Gulf of Mexico. I like the town I live in because I get the small town benefits but am so close to major cities and to the ocean that I can take advantage of those anytime. My family -brother and all 3 of my kids - live within 30 minutes so that is a big plus as well. My DGSs live about 7 miles away. Mild winters and long summers are very much to my liking. Summer is my favorite season. I do like to visit other areas to see fall colors (lived in Colorado for 3 years). We are known for Johnson Space Center, beaches, and as far as food - TexMex, seafood, and steaks.
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Nice thread
Old 06-02-2020, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

and we sound like we work for the local realtors

We live in Northern Nevada (NOT Las Vegas desert, but dry) in an unincorporated area between the third and fourth largest cities in the state. Driving about 20 miles gets us to major stores and good, often inexpensive dining. People who move here often gain weight. We've lived in the area about 30 years so have acclimated to mostly avoiding the buffets.

Our area is hilly, with one acre plots and a wonderful view of the Sierras just across our local lake. We have two state parks within 5 miles of the house and Lake Tahoe is about an hour's drive away.

Our landscaping is mostly junipers and we pull out weeds and sagebrush often to keep from being overrun by sage and tumbleweeds. We have daily visits from quail, blue jays, rabbits, and squirrels (the latter we wish would go away). We have occasional visits from deer and spot coyotes heading home in early mornings. There have been bald eagles nesting in one of the state parks and owls dart through the driveway some nights. And we smell the odd skunk some nights.

We have seasons with mostly small amounts of snow and the occasional problem amount. Since we have a well, moisture is always welcome. We've had some droughts, but the well has never (knock on wood) run into problems. Wildfires can be a concern, but have always stayed away from the house. They have made a us detour through Lake Tahoe to get home once or twice.

It sounds like we each think we've found our special place and isn't that wonderful!

broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

where I live
Old 06-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Love this thread! Your descriptions are vivid!

We live in the northeast corner of Ohio , 25 miles or so from Lake Erie. We definitely experience the four seasons with winter seemingly the longest most years... Our community is rural (a church and a bar at the crossroads) but we live on a major route. We're also located between 2 main bike/hike trails which we frequent.

Our 1943 home sits on 4 acres with many outbuildings (potting shed, storage units) and a 4- car garage! We devote about a 1/4 acre to a vegetable garden and a lot to flowers, clusters of pines and meadows. We feed the birds and love our hummingbirds and orioles particularly. When we want the city, Cleveland is 30 miles. It's there we visit museums, the zoo and restaurants. We may some day winter over in the south, but for now this is home.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

SusaninNJ

My NJ
Old 06-02-2020, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Unlike NJ Teacher, I live in South Jersey in a suburb of Philadelphia. In 20 minutes we can be in Center City Philly at the orchestra or at a restaurant. At least we could before Civid19. Going in the opposite direction we can be at the shore in an hour. I enjoy being close to the city while enjoying my home. We have farms with their markets just a few miles away. The neighborhood is quiet yet friendly. I enjoy the four seasons, especially winter. Our weather is usually pleasant, except for summer which is too humid for my liking. My teaching career was spent in a diverse and very supportive community.
SusaninNJ is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Southeastern PA
Old 06-02-2020, 08:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I like this thread. Thanks Ed for the idea.

I am single and for my 40th birthday I bought a home in the suburbs outside of Philadelphia. It is a small 984ft. Cape Cod, 1 story. My backyard is close to a railroad line, although there are several houses between the tracks and my yard. I once saw a wild turkey walking down one of the side streets. I do not do gardening, but my rose bush has beautiful pink flowers. My front year has a huge Holly Tree that is my pride and joy. I love watching the birds and squirrels playing and diving into the tree branches. I also have 2 smaller Holly trees on the side of my home. All 3 trees are female, with no male trees around that I have seen. But, up the road about a mile or so are male Holly trees at Briar Bush Nature Center so I am assuming that is what keeps my trees healthy.

I live about an hour away [bad traffic] from the center of Philadelphia and 90 minutes from the South Jersey Shores. I am 15 minutes from my parents, sister and her family and my brother and his family. My extended family lives within a hour.
klarabelle is online now   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Soutwestern Washington
Old 06-02-2020, 10:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

We live in southwestern Washington, about 20 miles from our state capital, and overlooking a river valley. The Pacific Ocean is about an hour away, and the upper area of Mt. Rainier is about 2.5 hours. We have an apple orchard plus cherry, hazelnut, pear, plum, blueberry, blackcap, raspberry, grapes, strawberries, blackberries and a productive garden. Some of our property is in open field and some is in mixed woods with douglas fir, cedar, maple and oak. The weather is wet, gray, drippy and depressing in the winter, wet in the spring, glorious in summer and pleasant in the fall.

Our 5 acreas requires a LOT of mowing but I usually enjoy the task. We live on a deadend road with one neighbor growing lavender, another raises beef cattle, another raises chicks for sale, and one operates an organic dairy farm. We know all our neighbors. I've never seen them, but I've heard there is cougar and black bear around. We've seen coyote, rabbit, raccoon, opposum, bobcat, bald eagle, lots of birds but no poisonous snakes. Yellowjacket wasps are more of a problem than snakes.

Our home is a one-level rambler that was flooded in 1996 before we moved it from the flood zone to overlooking the valley. The layout isn't my favorite but we make it work. My DH is a 95% completer. So my kitchen is almost done, but still needs countertop on the island. I placed tile there in desperation and it has remained for 20 years. It's the same in other places of our home.

However, DH has a 800 s.f. shop, plus a woodshed, plus a garden shed, plus a garage, plus 3 bay carport with one bay walled in. I've told him over and over again that I plan to die first because I have no idea what I will ever do with his endless collection of tools, wood, projects, etc. I mean, really, does anyone else have a 3 foot grinding wheel and anvil just because they are cool?
Song of Joy is online now   Reply With Quote

edfan

VA weighs in
Old 06-03-2020, 02:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I live in central VA. My very rural community just got its first stop light. I landed here 35 years ago and would prefer somewhere else(!) except for dear friends. We have hot, humid summers, no snow at all last year, but lovely transitions. I can get anything I want after a 45 minute drive to either Richmond or Charlottesville. I see the usual forest creatures from my house on 5 wooded acres. Thanks for posting, everyone. I love this thread!
edfan is offline   Reply With Quote

cabernet

Old 06-03-2020, 04:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Good morning!
We live in the southwest corner of Wisconsin that is known as the driftless area. When glaciers moved through they formed beautiful green hills and valleys that surround our little city of less than 10,000.
We live in an area of town with pine trees that is closer to farmland so we have many visitors. Birds, squirrels and deer are common. Weve also seen turkey and duck. We plant a few tomatoes and peppers, otherwise many flowers. Ive begun moving to more perennials than annuals and its been fun finding which ones work well. We have four seasons. Im not sure I would like a change to more summer, but Id be willing to try!
cabernet is online now   Reply With Quote

Irish

Where I live
Old 06-03-2020, 05:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I live in an area called Delmarva in a resort community called Ocean Pines. We have golf courses, boating pools, concerts and a weekly farmers market. We are 4 miles west of Ocean City and also a 10 minute ride to Asseteague home of the wild horses. We are close enough to see rocket launches from Wallops Island. We have had deer and even a heron in our yard. We love going to the beach in all seasons. We have mostly mild winters and hot humid summers.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvsPixieDust

Mayberry, kinda
Old 06-03-2020, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I live in North Central MS in a college town. I am about 70 miles south of Memphis. I have lived in this town my entire life. It's a town of about 20,000 with about 20,000 college students. Life is good here. William Faulker lived here, John Grisham lived here. We have some mighty fine restaurants. Great public schools and a very low crime rate.

My town pretty much revolves around the university and the sports schedule.

I live in a subdivision with about 100 homes. I love my neighbors. The only negative is that 2 tornados have hit my subdivision twice in the 16 years we have lived here.
LuvsPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

fun thread!
Old 06-03-2020, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

I love how everyone describes their homes and environment.

Quote:
Ed's place seemed so ideal until he got to the SNAKE part.

Ed is not the only one with snakes. DH and I have an acre of land on a canyon and look out over a wildlife preserve. So I see plenty of snakes, even some rattlesnakes, who are taking care of the rodent population. Sometimes they manage to get into the garage. Some of my neighbors don't understand the benefits of snakes and want to kill them all.

Not only do we have snakes and lizards, but also a coyote family and a bobcat mom who has been busy catching squirrels and rabbits for her kittens, who I'm sure are well-hidden away. We have and owl who visits nightly, mockingbirds who start singing at 4 am, mourning doves who sound like the owl, bright yellow and orange orioles, and because our house is on a hill, we see hawks, ospreys and other birds of prey fly and hunt below us.

Since I live a few miles from amiga, I don't have to describe the benefits of living here since she already did it so well. The drawback of living so close to the ocean is that the beach near me gets overrun with visitors (maybe not this year because of Covid), so my favorite time in town is the off-season.
cvt is online now   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Where I Live
Old 06-03-2020, 12:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I live in a Maryland suburb of Washington DC. It is a tree lined neighborhood with houses that have white picket fences and pretty landscaping. There are two lakes with walking paths about six blocks from my house. We are walking distance to a number of restaurants, shops, and beauty salons.

The downside is that traffic can be heavy, and it is an expensive area. DH and I have lived in our house for 18 years, and I lived in a condo nearby for five years before that. At some point we'd like to downsize to a townhouse in this neighborhood.
travelingfar is online now   Reply With Quote

Marcimcg

I live in central NJ
Old 06-03-2020, 03:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Our town has been home to us for 47 years. It used to be mostly farmland but is very suburban now. We are 35 miles from NYC and about 50 from Philadelphia. Rutgers university is close by and our alma mater for undergrad and grad school. We have nice parks and lots of stores, restaurants, great school system.
I drove 45 minutes each way down the shore for 25 years teaching first grade in a tiny public school (NJ has hundreds of small town schools).
Our four boys all live elsewhere (Seattle, Denver and north NJ) but have fond memories of their hometown.
Marcimcg is offline   Reply With Quote

K-Jeanne

I live in Arizona
Old 06-03-2020, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

I live in the northwestern part of the state. 2 hours east of us in the Grand Canyon and an hour and half to the west is Las Vegas. It is the desert. Summertime it is hot and dry. Waiting for the monsoons to start. My daughter lives in Virginia and my son lives in Phoenix. I just retired with 36 years teaching kindergarten and 1st grade. I am enjoying reading where you all live!
K-Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Northeast Wisconsin
Old 06-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

Well, you all seem to have such picturesque surroundings . I fear mine isn’t nearly as enticing. I live in a village of about 3300 residents. It is separated by the Fox River so most travels take me over the river. Unfortunately years of paper manufacturing along the river have it looking rather murky. It is a pleasant and friendly town—- everyone waves at each other even if you don’t know them. If we drive 20 minutes in two directions we can be in larger cities. That is where we do most of our shopping or to go to the PAC. We are close to Green Bay so many people’s lives revolve around the Packers Not me so much!

There are nature preserves nearby to go for walks or snowshoe in the winter and biking/walking trail system. Bald eagle sitings are quite common especially in the winter along the river. We have all four seasons: wet springs, hot summers, cool and colorful fall, and cold and snowy winters. Many years winter seems to really drag.

We have lived in our home about 20 years. It is in a subdivision and when we moved here we were at the end of town, but it has built up since then. We fell in love with the lot our home is on— lots of hickory trees so it looked lived in rather than just plunked into a farmer’s field. We have lots of birds: finches, blue jays, chickadees, sparrows, several species of woodpeckers, mourning doves, a cardinal pair ( who have a nest and are egg sitting in our lilac tree right now ), and orioles and hummingbirds in the summer. Our vegetable garden is tiny but we have numerous flowerbeds, most planted to attract butterflies (monarchs in particular). I am sending in information to be registered as a Monarch Waystation. We have lots of squirrels (hickory trees), an occasional deer, and I once even saw a fox run through our backyard.

Last edited by Cat woman; 06-04-2020 at 04:32 PM..
Cat woman is online now   Reply With Quote

3togo

S. Ontario
Old 06-03-2020, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

I live in southern Ontario, in a town about 40 minutes north of a major city (Toronto). I grew up in the suburbs of Toronto but could not afford to buy a house there. Our town had a population of 40,000 when we moved here 30 some years ago, but it has doubled in size. We used to be surrounded by farms but sadly much of that land has been developed for housing. We can still find farms by driving 20 minutes or so in any direction.

Its still a really nice, friendly town. We have the best neighbours who would do anything for each other. We have a beautiful trail system that follows a river that runs through the town. I love to ride my bike there.

As for weather, we have long, cold, snowy winters, beautiful crisp, colourful falls, short springs and hot, humid summers.
3togo is offline   Reply With Quote

Ruby tunes

SoCal is my home
Old 06-04-2020, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

Such an enjoyable thread, thanks to Ed and to all who have shared!

For more than thirty years I lived on five acres out in the desert where coyotes, jackrabbits, quail, rattlesnakes, and scorpions are common. I enjoyed wonderful, sweeping views of mountains and distant city lights. But as I reached Medicare age, I decided it would be prudent to downsize and move closer to town.

Now I live in a town of 50,000 in the Coachella Valley, home of Palm Springs and the famous Coachella Music Festival. I love my new home, and I'm enjoying the process of making it entirely mine. I live a block from a large, beautiful park with walking and biking trails where I take daily walks. I often see roadrunners, rabbits, and ravens there as well as flocks of ducks in the large ponds. I can also walk to our local community college and a world class performing arts theater, plus there are satellite campuses of both our state universities nearby. My town's population is 35% over the age of 65, many of whom are very well off, so older folks are catered to with many activities. Great restaurants, shops, etc., as well as top notch medical facilities.

However, there is a downside. Winters here are delightfully mild, but summers are blazingly HOT. The first thing I did at my new home was to entirely redo the A/C system which is now extremely efficient and super quiet. And fortunately I have my mountain cabin to which I escape most of the summer. That's where I'm writing this from! Retirement offers freedom and options. It's the best!

Last edited by Ruby tunes; 06-04-2020 at 08:42 PM..
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote

Lynnteach2

Old 06-04-2020, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

I live in the northwest Washington city of Bellingham. We are situated about 25 miles south of Canada and about 100 miles north of Seattle. There are mountains, forests, and water all around for lots of different activities. We are close to the San Juans and Vancouver Island. It's even easier (before Covid 19) to go to the IKEA in Vancouver BC than the one near Seattle.

After retiring in 2016 my husband and I returned to western Washington after living 43 in eastern Washington and the Idaho panhandle. Family is all over here so that makes it nice. We do have 2 kids in San Diego. We downsized into a 55 and over condo complex. I am now the president of the condo association. Let me tell you that sometimes dealing with 83 other owners is worse than dealing with upset parents!!!
Lynnteach2 is online now   Reply With Quote

froggirl

Where I live
Old 06-04-2020, 03:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

I too live in the drift-less region like Cabernet, except in the northwest corner of Illinois. Hills with beautiful views here, unlike the flat farmland in much of Illinois. Right now, corn is popping up in all the fields as the farmers have had a good spring. Deer and turkeys are often seen, as well as an abundance of other usual wildlife, and even an occasional bobcat.
froggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Runnergirl04

Miami
Old 06-28-2020, 01:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

Reading about the different homes/towns is so interesting!

I live in a suburb in Miami. Our home is a ranch style older home, built in the 1970s. We have a nice sized lot which now has an above ground pool. We never built a pool because we are about 40 minutes from the beach, and Ina, a beach, sun, and sand gal.

We have mosquitoes galore, Frogs, large lizards, squirrels, opossums, and iguanas.

I love Miami because (not in COVID times) there is always something fun to do. No real seasons, but again, beach, sun, and sand.
Runnergirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 06-28-2020, 06:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

I grew up in Chicago so I feel like Im living out in the boonies but it is actually 20 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. I live in a house built in 1949 that once belonged to a grove manager back when everything was orange groves. Its a large lot for Southern California- 1/2 acre. We are in the foothills so there are coyotes and an occasional bear. I have lemon and orange trees. I can walk to our little village shopping area. Ive been here since the mid seventies and Im a newcomer. Most people in my neighborhood grew up here.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote