Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Update on antibody thread

>

mom23kids

Update on antibody thread
Old 07-22-2020, 02:37 PM

Well,, I didn't get the result back yet but I just got a call from my close friend that her dh tested positive for Covid. So this is the story.. Her ds went on a trip but was advised not to becasue he was going to a hot spot (Utah) with a group for some adventure thing. Everryone was mad that he was going especially his wifes mother. He's 31 but mil owns the house that he and his wife live in so she forbade him from coming back there after his trip. SO, my friend said that he could quaranteen in her house thus...his dad now tested positive for the covid. The 31 yo and my friend have not yet gotten thier results and are still waiting. Dad may or may not have gotten it from his kid, so when the results come in that question may b answered. (sorry if this is confusing)
That's the background.
1. I walk with this couple every single day
2. I sat at the pool with them all weekend.
3. Just last night, my friend and i took off our masks to take a pic next to eachother.
4. Our book club is Friday night. Of course it will be cancelled because no one will want to be near me knowing I was with her (but we all were at some point but mostly me)
5 Dad (the one with covid) was at pool yesterday..
****Do you think he should tell the pool managers?
6. My friend will send a group text to book club cancelling and telling why. And I know everyone will freak out. Everyone's been next to someone who's been next to someone with the virus.
7. THIS IS WHY SCHOOLS NEED TO NOT OPEN IN SEPTEMBER.
8. I wil wait a few days and then go for the covid test. Not sure how long to wait tho. I'll ask dr.
WHAT A MESS.

mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches Pears

Old 07-22-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Dad (the one with covid) was at pool yesterday..
One way public health is able to manage COVID-19 outbreaks is through contact tracing.
Peaches Pears is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 07-22-2020, 02:46 PM

We’ve experienced several close call situations like this. Trying to be safe, but having some close contact with family members, and then later finding out those family members were in close contact with a positive case. It’s such a messy situation. It’s hard to arbitrarily draw lines of what is “okay” for you and what is not. But it seems like you have to be an all or nothing person to have any kind of control over what you are exposed to. Unless you completely stay home, get grocery deliveries, and don’t let anyone in, you are potentially exposing yourself. There is always risk.

It is scary for sure. I hate that certain family members get angry because we won’t be around them, but they are living way more “openly” than I prefer. We already had one bad incident where a close contact died, and we had been exposed to him through a family member. Caused a lot of tension because my immediate family decided to go on lockdown and the family member did not.

I totally agree about schools not opening! I hope your situation works out and your friend tests negative!
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Antibody
Old 07-22-2020, 02:53 PM

Yes, tell pool manager, as well as anyone else you’ve been in contact with, friends or not.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Yes
Old 07-22-2020, 03:03 PM

To letting the pool manager know. Good luck on not catching it.

tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Tell
Old 07-22-2020, 03:25 PM

The more people know about possible exposure the better. I hope everyone recovers. Good luck.
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 07-22-2020, 03:29 PM

Yes, I would let the pool manager know and anyone else you might have been in contact with.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 07-22-2020, 04:20 PM

Yep, big mess. I'm sorry you're in this situation. I hope your results are negative.

Quote:
Dad (the one with covid) was at pool yesterday..
YES!!!
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 07-22-2020, 05:24 PM

I am sorry he is sick and that you may have been exposed. He should absolutely tell the pool managers and everyone who has been exposed to him over the past several days. You could get tested in a few days, or self quarantine for 14 days. If you get tested in a few days you could be negative, but will need to probably be tested at least once more at a later date since you can become sick up to 14 days after exposure.

I hope all of you stay well!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote