Has anyone done the antibody test with Kaiser? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Has anyone done the antibody test with Kaiser?

>

Haley23

Has anyone done the antibody test with Kaiser?
Old 08-04-2020, 11:25 PM

This is the insurance we have in my district and someone mentioned in the board meeting that they're doing free antibody testing. I poked around on their website and that is what it says. Just wondering if anyone has actually done it. Is it truly 100% free, or is it a kind of deal where you have to pay for the appointment, but the test part itself is free? I have high deductible so I'm wary.

Earlier this summer I had a period of a few days where I had a mild sore throat, headache, and very low grade fever (1 degree higher, not sure if that even counts). I considered going to get a test, but it was 4th of July weekend so everything was closed. By Monday my symptoms were gone and I'm 99% sure it was just regular sinus issues, but if I can really get a test for free- might as well go see, right?

Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 08-05-2020, 03:50 AM

We don't have Kaiser where I am but all of our blood mobiles are doing rapid antibody testing when you donate blood.
Maybe thatís something to look into in your area as well?
Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote
oic

oic

Old 08-05-2020, 01:31 PM

My dh had the test done at Kaiser. His doctor appt where the dr ordered the test was a telephone apptóno copay for that. The antibody test was administered in one of their regular clinicís lab where other routine blood draw tests are administered. No fee for that, either. So, yes, for dh it was free.

Haley23

Old 08-05-2020, 09:23 PM

Thanks! I signed into the website and was able to schedule the test for tomorrow at a lab near me. Easy peasy!

I assume it will be negative, but if there's even the slightest chance that the mild symptoms I had were it- I would have so much peace of mind.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote