Help

Center Activities

Centers for Resource

>

usmcmomof3

Centers for Resource
Old 08-09-2010, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have some questions regarding centers in my classroom. I teach k-3 resource. I don't have the students that long (usually 30 minutes per subject) but I am interested in setting up some sort of centers? Any suggestions? I have made TONS of file folder games in math and language arts and thinking about having the students write their answers in a notebook to show their progress. I usually have "centers" as Fun Friday. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

usmcmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Becca4

Centers
Old 08-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Read and Write The Room
Reading Rods
Word Wall
Partner Read

These are just a few.
Becca4 is offline   Reply With Quote

maidmarion

Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I rotate centers usually each month or so. Writing Center: provide them with a picture or put up a pic that they write about. I have an envelope with pictures in it and they pick one and write. Comic Strip: Hang various comic strips in this center space. Provide the kids with the blocks already on paper and they will fill them in -pictures and words. Fun!

Building Center: Some of my autistic kids like to build. Provide them with a center with something they have to put together using blocks, legos, etc. They draw what they built and they write about it.

My kids also like to "make" a city using various items. Tape for the roads, cars, trucks, people, etc. They have to write about the city. What is the name of the city, etc. They have to identify the various parts of their city. They really need to express themselves in complete sentences if at all possible.
maidmarion is offline   Reply With Quote