Help

BusyBoard

Report Comments and Distance Learners' behaviors

>

rosieteaches

Report Comments and Distance Learners' behaviors
Old 11-21-2020, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach fourth graders, half DL and the other half in person. Many of the DL students are very lightly supervised. These students, often because they are so lightly supervised, are falling far behind. The gaps get wider every week. We just finished week eight.

I have strong DL students too and their report card comments would be the same for good students everywhere. I wondered has anyone written report card comments targeted for a Dl student with weak participation? Your insight is appreciated. Thank you.

rosieteaches is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 11-21-2020, 12:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just stuck to the facts - things like "participates in 25% of our virtual meetings".
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs.Lilbit

Old 11-21-2020, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am teaching completely virtual. Some of my students are doing great, others not so much. For the ones who are struggling, I tried to narrow down their struggles to one or two key areas that I felt would help them the most. Then I tried to phrase my comments with at least one positive, and the negative comment was focused on the change I wanted to see.

"J is extremely intelligent demonstrates excellent reading comprehension. He struggles to avoid distractions and stay on task during virtual class, which is affecting his ability to show growth in his learning. I would like for him to work on staying focused and attentive so he can participate appropriately and finish assignments in a timely manner."
Mrs.Lilbit is offline   Reply With Quote