Help

Social Studies

NJ Teachers do you teach NJ?

>

beachmom

NJ Teachers do you teach NJ?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

looking for a book that teaches new jersey for our school to purchase. We currently teach landforms, government, map skills, and Pilgrims and Indians from a very very very old book. We are looking into purchasing another book finally. Thanks in advance!

beachmom is offline   Reply With Quote

SpEdDee

NJ text
Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In my district, with the switching of New Jersey moving down to third grade and U.S. moving up to fourth grade, we decided not to get a new text series. The third grade teachers will have our "New Jersey" series by Harcourt, which we felt was pretty weak. It's actually more appropriate for third grade but just covers too large of a time period in each unit. With trying to pull more LAL skills into Social Studies, it just seems like we can accomplish this more effectively through secondary sources and projects.
SpEdDee is offline   Reply With Quote

GREATHISTORY

Teaching NJ
Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We have Scott Forseman New Jersey. This is my first year at this school. I have taught 5th grade and 6th grade before. I still teach 5th now along wtih 4th grade social studies. The book is good. The assessment test are long with with sevearl essay. I only leave in a few for them. The workbook is good. It is a good book for the 4th grade. i don't know if they have a lot of supplement material we did not get much. But we do switch to the regions of the USA after the second tri mester. Hope this helps you.
GREATHISTORY is offline   Reply With Quote