Help

ARCHIVE

carpet

>

Kaylen

carpet
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really want a classroom carpet! I don't necessarily "need" one because our rooms are carpeted, but I feel like it really helps with personal space issues during gathering times. And of course I can't be practical and go buy a carpet remnant from the local store. I want a colorful classroom carpet with squares for students!

So here are my questions:
1. Did any of you find a carpet like that somewhere for less than 200? Where, where, where?

2. If I were to put this on donorschoose, what are some things I could say about the benefits of having this certain carpet? I have had at least 1 autistic child in my class the last 3 years and having a certain spot to label as their own helps wonders!

Thanks!

Kaylen is offline   Reply With Quote

shanse

Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Try:
www.sensoryedge.com

My friend has a factory second rug from there and she says there is nothing wrong with it.
shanse is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

carpet
Old 07-20-2009, 05:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was very lucky and found one last summer at Target. It was in the college section, had squares, and I paid less than $20 for it!
readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

Kaylen

target rug
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had the Target rug for about 3 years...it eventually tore and I had to get rid of it.

Thanks for the sensory edge website---that looks like something I might be interested in. Although the prices they show are for the rug shown, but much smaller.
Kaylen is offline   Reply With Quote

ABC

Sensory Edge
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I also have a Factory Seconds Rug from Sensory Edge. I have an oval that is 9 ft by a little over 6 feet and I paid about $190 for it. Even though it is a seconds rug, I do not see anything wrong. When you go to their home page, there is a little link in the carpet section for the seconds rugs. There are the cheapest "school" rugs I have found and hopefully it will last longer than a dorm rug. Good luck

ABC is offline   Reply With Quote

pinkcsi

Rug...
Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I want a large rug too, but just don't have the $$$ this year - have already bought too much stuff! So, I am planning to "create" a rug on the floor. My two ideas are to either 1) use colored duck tape and create an outline, or 2) use border and tape it to the carpet using packing tape. It may not last all year, but it won't cost very much and will certainly create a visible space for a meeting area!
pinkcsi is offline   Reply With Quote

dtrabilsy

foam mat
Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Sam's club has had these foam mat pieces that go together like a puzzle the past few years for $20. There are 8 pieces to the package and you can always add more. They are comfortable and set apart and area. Here is a link to my classroom pictures. I use them in my library.

http://www.woodridge68.org/education...detailid=3652&
dtrabilsy is offline   Reply With Quote

scarf_and_mit

sensory edge
Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have a factory second rug from there too...and there is nothing wrong with it that I can find. They have free shipping for most rugs on the site too. I got one of the larger ones (7 1/2' by 12') for less than $250 with free shipping. If you put in the code NEWS5, you'll get 5% off of your order.
scarf_and_mit is offline   Reply With Quote