Help

ARCHIVE

Class List

>

Suzanne123abc

Class List
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How many days before Meet Your Teacher Night do you usually get your class list?
Ours is Monday night and I have no idea who is in my room. I know our office is super busy so I don't feel frustrated with them by any means but it is getting so close and I am starting to worry.

Suzanne123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Kaylen

hate we get it so late
Old 08-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This drives me crazy! We usually see our list the same day it's posted for the kids to see. This year we get to see it 1 day before it's posted. We all know the lists are done a few weeks before school starts. We've decided it's a power thing with our office. Sad, but I think it's true. So we will get ours Thursday afternoon and then Meet the Teacher is Monday.
Kaylen is offline   Reply With Quote

J5879

Late too
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We usually get ours the afternoon before or the morning of Meet the Teacher. Registration just opened today and goes until Wednesday and then Meet the Teacher is Thursday evening. It doesn't really matter to me as I wait until kids show up to write names on anything! Don't stress out too much.
J5879 is offline   Reply With Quote

bocalopez

Class Lists
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our class lists were personally delivered this morning by our administrators! We have meet and greet on Monday morning!
bocalopez is offline   Reply With Quote

ms.gteacher

Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I got my class list last Friday, kids started on Monday. I had to go in over the weekend to label everything so that it would be ready for the kids.

What I love is all the parents that enrolled their students in another school and then waited to withdraw their kids from our school AFTER school started.

Last edited by ms.gteacher; 08-13-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
ms.gteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

JessicaM

PowerSchool
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Back to School Night was tonight, but we were able to check an "unofficial" class list on PowerSchool starting last Wednesday. Today, we received the official list, but there were no major changes. Reading through these responses makes me appreciate of our situation.
JessicaM is offline   Reply With Quote

teach4fun

a week
Old 08-13-2009, 05:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We receive our class lists on Friday before our work week which is one week before school starts. This year I wrote all my names on everything I could I just did not add the class number until I got the list and knew I was full and the other first grade was full so there would be no changing things around.

I would go ask for it in the morning so that you can have it over the weekend to get things labeled.

Good luck.

BTW: we do not have a meet the teacher night, we have an open house the second Monday of school.
teach4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

peakcafe

Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My school has such high mobility that the numbers and names are fluctuating by the hour. They started putting the class lists together a week ago (no point in starting any earlier), and I have just decided that I won't know until I see the whites of their eyes. So I don't spend half the night before labeling eveything for kids that may or may not be there, I have decided to incorporate labeling everything into the first day activities. Instead of just graphing the birthdays we'll label decorations for the bulletin board at the same time. I'm going to try this approach with everything and see how it goes. In the end I may just end up labeling everything myself at home that night.

It's frustrating, but I'm trying not to let it get to me because there will be kids that arrive a week or two weeks into school. It's just the way it goes!
peakcafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Tweeder

Early Birds
Old 08-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

My school office must be super efficient because we get them in June with updated lists sent out sometime in August.
Mrs. Tweeder is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Old 08-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Lists were done for teachers in May. Students find out @ registration.

MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote