Help

ARCHIVE

Christmas presentation

>

Mrs.Baird

Christmas presentation
Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey everyone. I know I've put a lot of questions on here lately- but I'm so thankful for all of the help I've gotten. I check this website everyday to see if there is something else to help me in the classroom. Anyways- I teach at a Christian school, and I am in charge of our chapel program in a few weeks- It needs to last about 35 minutes or so (this can include christmas songs that we're going to sing and stuff). But the idea is that my first grade class needs to do some kind of chapel presentation, and I'm really fishing for ideas. As if we dont have very little class time as it is- to fit in the extra things- now we have to plan and perform a chapel and use classtime to do so. So I'm wanting to fit it into curriculum somehow- like a good christmas readers theater, song, poem, etc. I know that everyone won't have something to offer me as far as advice on this one, but any ideas might help- its kinda getting close and i'm nervous. thanks!

Mrs.Baird is offline   Reply With Quote

patschmidt

echo stories
Old 11-07-2006, 03:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My class just had to do a presentation for All Saints Day and we did an echo story... Basically they repeated what I said and did actions for each sentence. Try doing a google search on these.. I think 23rd Publications have a book on these echo stories. It was a big hit with parents and the student body.

Pat
patschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs.Baird

are we neighbors???
Old 11-07-2006, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

do you teach at all saints? i teach at brook hill . if you dont know what i'm talking about- then nevermind .
Mrs.Baird is offline   Reply With Quote

cindyjink

The Legend of the Candy Cane
Old 11-08-2006, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I also teach at a Christian school. When we have chapel during the Christmas season, we read the book - "The Legend of the Candy Cane"
We use an overhead and put up pictures from the story. You can copy them on transparencies & have the kids color them or go to Kinko's and print them in color. (This is not illegal for 1 retelling of the story.) We sing Christmas songs and have a small candy cane to give everyone who attends. The class passes them out from baskets(they love this part).
cindyjink is offline   Reply With Quote