Mrs. Dog Dropping Patrol got a surprise today. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Mrs. Dog Dropping Patrol got a surprise today.

>

WestCoastTch

Mrs. Dog Dropping Patrol got a surprise today.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:43 AM

A woman that lives in my housing community is very picky about her front yard. She is out there for hours every day, and she works very hard on it. Over the past few years she's posted several signs warning (and scolding) people to not allow their dogs to poop on her lawn. That's fine, but lately she's taken to harassing people walking or jogging around the neighborhood about it, wanting to know if we have dogs and what SIZE droppings they leave behind.

She blocked my path twice in the past two weeks when I was speed walking with my iPOD. Literally, she jumped into the middle of the sidewalk and asked if I was the owner of a certain dog. I said no, but she kept peppering me with questions until I got fed up and left.

I appreciate that she cares about her yard and it isn't fair to have it befouled with dog feces, but sheesh... leave me alone! I don't even walk my dog near her yard and I always clean up after her.

This morning I was walking the neighborhood with my 3 y/o toddler, NO DOG. Out jumped the same lady from behind her gate, and she asked me AGAIN if I was the one walking a certain dog last night. I was mad that she startled me, so I crossed the street and left her shouting after me. While she was yelling, , a stray lab mix dog that I've seen around before popped a squat on her grass and did his business.

She screamed and it ran away. I offered to use my cellular to call animal control, but she didn't even hear me. She went into a tirade and started screaming at her husband inside the house.

Oy.

WestCoastTch is offline   Reply With Quote

madelyneva

Old 07-22-2014, 11:22 AM

What I find most interesting is that her husband stayed in the house!

Most likely a sign that he thinks she's a little "off her rocker!"
madelyneva is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 AM

I really have to come over here more often from the Retired Teachers board, just for gems like this one:

Quote:
While she was yelling, , a stray lab mix dog that I've seen around before popped a squat on her grass and did his business.
B***h slapped by karma. Gotta love it.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachFun

Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 PM

Wow! I feel so sorry for that lady. She must be very unhappy to be that stressed over poo!
TeachFun is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 07-22-2014, 01:33 PM

I love that lab mix!!!

mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 07-22-2014, 02:17 PM

Can you imagine spending all your waking hours obsessed with whether random people's dogs pooped in your yard?? She sounds mentally unstable and I feel bad for her for some reason! I also feel like karma did send that dog over
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 07-22-2014, 03:39 PM

I'd politely tell her that maybe she should put a fence up around her yard.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

BoSox_Fan

Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 PM

This is such a great story. Thank you so much - it was a nice chuckle in my day!
BoSox_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Winn-Dixie

Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 PM

The first night I had mt dog, I took her for a walk. Now this was my first dog ever, and the day had been stressful, so I forgot a poop bag. Unfortunately, we were far down in my neighborhood when my dog decided to poop on the grass between the sidewalk and street. I felt terrible, no one was out or else I would have asked for a bag, so we had no choice but to walk away. We kept walking, and it's pretty dark now. I'm looking around at my surroundings and I see this guy walking fast following me. I walk faster, he walks faster. I walk faster than I was, and so does he. He finally caught up to me and flipped out on me. I told him if he wanted to give me a bag,mid be more than happy to clean it up, which I did. To this day, I despise that man.
Winn-Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 PM

She has a husband in that house? Man, I feel sorry for him!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 07-23-2014, 05:11 AM

I feel badly for all involved. It's annoying because who wants to worry about her jumping out at you while you're walking (especially with a little one, it takes a special type of crazy to lose it like that in front of small children).
I feel sorry for the husband. For some reason, he's stuck in a marriage with her and from what you've seen she's certainly on edge.
I feel most sorry for her. There is something wrong with her clearly. Maybe she's got a bunch of stuff going on that causes her to flip out about something not that important. I guess it's important to her. Her life is very constrained.
cruxian is online now   Reply With Quote