Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Boston Restaurants

>

Zee

Boston Restaurants
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last summer I got a good recommendation or two for restaurants in South Dakota, so I thought I'd ask for recommendations for restaurants in Boston or around Boston (where I can get to with public transportation). I have access to an Entertainment Book for Boston, so any recommendations from there would be great too. Thanks!

Winn-Dixie

Old 06-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but these are my favorites! And ALL are super accessible by the Green Line, Red Line trains.

Maggiano's

Rustic Kitchen

Mc Cormick and Shmicks

Cheers - the one in Fanueil Hall. It's just fun

Black Rose? I can't remember the name of it. It's a great Irish place that has fabulous food. It's also in Fanueil Hall. They might also have an Irish band playing while you're there. That's even more fun!

any place along Newbury St. There are tons of outdoor cafes. You can't go wrong.

any place in the North End. Can't go wrong there either!

I think any place in Beacon Hill too.

I'm beginning to think that I eat out in Boston a lot

MissN

Me, too!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Ooh, yay! I'm glad Zee asked this... I'll also be heading to Boston this summer for a road trip with my college roomie. We will be visiting another college friend who just moved to Cambridge, so she may not know about some of these great places yet! I'll be watching this thread for ideas.

ITchGr2

Another vote for
Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Rustic Kitchen!! You must go there!

jvar87

Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Pizzeria Regina!

There are some chain locations of this in malls or restaurants with a full menu, but there is NOTHING like the original in the North End. The pizza is amazing and the atmosphere is really fastpaced and awesome as well. It's really a piece of history...just be warned, they only have pizza. It's accesible to the green line at north station, or you can even walk from Faneuil Hall, although it's a bit of a walk.

Cheers is fun, but there's also Dick's Last Resort in the same area of Faneuil Hall if you are looking for some real fun. The service is horrible (on purpose) and they are really inappropriate...rude/sexual sayings on hats at night, etc...during the day, they are fine for family though for the most part. They generally tone it down if there are kids. It's a lot of fun though!

Also, along the lines of a real restaurant, Durgin Park is also in Faneuil Hall and DELICIOUS!!!

westwitch

Durgin Park
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It's in Faneuil Hall. Great New England cooking. It's on the second floor, no AC, "family style" seating and attitudinous waitresses (nowhere near as bad as Dick's), but lots of fun. I love the Indian Pudding!

Fajitas and 'Ritas for Mexican. Funky decor and most definitely "cheap eats".

Panza in the North End. Cute little place with fabulous Italian food.

singingsara

You HAVE to go to....
Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Mike's Pastry (it's not a restaurant, but rather a pastry shop--they technically have seating, but there probably won't be room to sit down!) in the North End. The cannolli and macaroons are both to die for.

In Cambridge, there's the Grafton Street Pub, which is one of my favorite places when I want to splurge on a really relaxing, delicious brunch. My favorite thing to order there is the avocado eggs Benedict. There's also Cambridge One, which is a great place for pizza and salads.

If you like Ethiopian food, right across the street from Symphony Hall there's Lucy; this is hands-down where I would eat every week if cost were not an issue. And for Thai, there's Brown Sugar, in the BU area; I haven't been there, but my husband has and he says it's really good.

Evergreen

Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

A teeny tiny place in the North End called Trattoria di Monica....delish!! Stay away from chains, please!!! I don't like cannolis, but I loved the ones at Mikes! We also ate at the Durgin Park Inn in Faneuil Hall.

Mrs. R

Old 06-26-2011, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

DH's family, originally from the North End, are fans of Modern Pastry which is right down the street from Mike's Pastry. They say Mike's is for tourists. I'd happily eat a cannoli from either one.

Artu is a great North End restaurant. It is on the pricey side. The Daily Catch, also in the North End, has the freshest and tastiest seafood. I think it's still cash only so beware.

Henrietta's Table in Cambridge has an incredible brunch. It's in Cambridge, but you can easily take the T to Harvard Square and it's only a short walk.

GeorgiaYankee

Thanks for asking Zee
Old 06-26-2011, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

We're going to Boston in July and I was looking for some good places to eat. Thanks so much.

timeforbed

Old 06-26-2011, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I absolutely love the No Name Restaurant. You'll have to look up the address. I remember going there with my uncle back when it was a little hole. He tells me that it's now "grown up", but the food is still fresh and still absolutely delicious.

Zee

Wow!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Thanks for all the suggestions! Now, I'll have to check out the menus and see where I want to eat.