Help

Center Activities

Still confused

>

oldnewbie

Still confused
Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've been implementing centers for a few weeks. Where I'm confused is with my students and their 'progress'. I'm thinking they should be carrying around some type of folder with their papers in it (for writing, spelling, response to reading, etc). I currently have them put it in a pocket chart when they are done, and it looks horrid. Also, shouldn't I have a sheet for them to check off?

help????

oldnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

clover05

Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have 6 centers that my students rotate through the week. By the end of the week they have hit every center at least once. I made folders for my students for them to keep their work in. One side of the folder was labled "incomplete" and the other "complete". This taught them to organize their work so that when they went back to that center they knew if they had completed the task or not.
clover05 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJremedialK5

Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You can create a word doc that has each center and a little box for them to check off that they did it. I used that and it was good for most students. I would also check off weekly what they completed and made sure that on Friday they went to the centers they were missing. I had them keep a center folder in their desk that they kept all their unfinished work in. It helped to keep them on task with what needed to be done. They were first graders and did it well!
NJremedialK5 is offline   Reply With Quote